Chapter 23 Missed Her Painfully

After we came back to my house, Ela went away saying goodbye and with a kiss to my forehead.

And it has been four days since I came back.

Max has been now working as my Assistant. He was as efficient worker as Arnold.

I just got out of the meeting which went on straight for 4 hours. I came to my office and relaxed back. God, that was intense.

I was fully exhausted and weary.

To say I was a little irritated these days. I don't know why?

And it's been four days since I heard anything from Ela.

She did not even call me.

It's not like she should daily, but from the day i met her i feel like she was everywhere, everyday even when it was not necessary.

And when finally when she was not everywhere I came to understand how much I started getting familiar with her being around me.

It's not like I missed her. I did not!

I was just mildly annoyed. Mildly!!!

Oh god, no I was super annoyed!!

I got up from my seat, closing my laptop harshly.

Who the heck asked her to come daily, and now who asked her to stop?

I should calm down. Like super cool calm down, because I was getting irritated. I should go to the pub. It's been days. I like dancing. And I should do that.

"Max, I am off to home." I said.

He nodded.

"Hmm, I am going to the pub next, do you want to come with me?" I asked him.

"Yeah sure, i will meet you there. What's the time?" He asked.

"It's 6. See ya" I said and walked off from there.

I went home and, when it was time to go to the pub, I got into my car.

I will call Ela today. I was not that arrogant to think that only she should call me and I will not.

It's only that, she was a mafia person, and she will have so many things to deal with. I was just an easy daily going person.

I was just nervous to call her knowing I might disturb her work, which she must be, if she was really not calling me since four days back.

It's really embarrassing to think that I was only calling to hear her voice, which I missed so much not being able to hear.

I got into the pub and Charles looked at me and smiled.

But what stopped me in my tracks was, I saw Jack there already drunk to the head. This early!

I did not see him after I came back. He did not came to the company. I know the reason, so I left him alone.

But seeing him here I felt guilty. I don't know what I was guilty about. Maybe it was because I supported Arnold, that he should go.

It was for his sake. But I like Jack also, I don't want him to suffer.

I thought of going away, before Jack saw me. But following Charles's eyes he spotted me and smiled.

I felt more guilty. His smile was not a real smile. His face was pale as pale as it can get with his olive colour skin. He has a beard. His eyes sunk in like he was a patient. His hair was messy. To say he was looking horrible was putting it lightly, and he didn't seem to care.