Chapter 37

"I need to report a case," I said.

"Case? For what?"

"For kidnapping."

"Who did it?"

"Goro Akechi."

"No way in hell would he do something like that. Come back when you have a real case."

"It's the truth."

"I said, come back when you have something worth our time."

"Let us hear him out," another officer said.

I showed the officers the footage Jake had taken and the footage of when he shot me in the shoulders and cut me. The first one was still in denial, but the second officer looked interested.

"Tell me the names," said the second one.

"Goro Akechi kidnapped my wife. Her name is Y/N Amamiya."

"I see. When was the last time you saw her?"

"About a week ago."

"Do you have a child?"

"Yes."

"How is she handling this?"

"Not well."

"Take care of your child. I think Y/N would want that for now. Be careful and we'll start an investigation. Where did he drop off when he was running off?"

"Somewhere between these two streets," I said as I wrote down the street names.

"Thank you," the officer said.

"Thank you, officer," I said and headed back to the apartment. Jake was watching after Hinata while I was down at the station.

"Well?" he asked.

"They're going to start an investigation."

"Let's hope they can find her."

"I might get some of my friends to help me look."

"Ren, I know you want to get her back, but leave it to the professionals."

"Jake, you don't know what Akechi can be doing to her! I made a vow to her that I would protect her and keep her from harms way. I need to be there for her and I need to make sure she's ok."

Jake smiled, "Good luck. I'll do the best I can."

Jake walked out and I was left with Hinata. Morgana came over and sat on the floor. Hinata walked over to Morgana and petted him. He purred and rubbed up against her.

"Daddy?"

"Yes, dear?"

"When is mommy coming back?"

"I don't know," I said and rubbed the back of my neck. She doesn't know the full story of what's going on, but she's old enough to catch on to the situation.

"Daddy?"

"Yes?"

"Why did mommy leave?"

I sighed, trying to find a way to tell her what really happened. "Mommy is on a trip for work. She'll be back soon."

"Ok," she said and walked over to me. She climbed onto my lap and sat on my legs. She wrapped her arms around me and I wrapped mine around her's. I tried my best to fight back tears, but she reminded me so much of her mother. "Don't be sad, daddy. Just like you said, she'll be back soon."

"You're right." I looked at the clock and it read noon. "Hey, do you want something for lunch?"

"Ramen!" she smiled.

I smiled and picked her up. I held her against my chest and looked down at her, "Ramen it is."

I opened my eyes to see Akechi was standing in front of me. I was tied to a chair and there was nothing in sight. There were no windows and there were no furniture. There was a door but that was it. And there was a mattress.

"Where the hell am I?"

"You're in a warehouse. Apparently the cops almost found us in my old hideout. This is my new hideout. Or should I say, our new hideout."

He sounded like he growled the last part, "What do you want with me?"

"I just want to see Ren lose everything he has."

"Why are you doing this?"

"He made me lose everything I ever had. You wouldn't understand. So, I'm going to make him lose everything he has. Starting with you."

"What are you going to do with me?"

"For starters, I might take advantage of you."

I sneered and kicked him right in the crotch. He doubled over in pain and sat on the ground.

"I like a fighter to be honest."

"Don't you dare think about it!"

"Alright then. I might make you do some things you think are unjust."

"Like?"

"Stealing, murder, and other illegal things."

"No way I'm doing that."

"Hmm, how about this: if you do this one thing for me, I not hurt you or your daughter. If you don't, your daughter becomes parent-less."

"You wouldn't."

"I would."

I sighed, "What's the deal?"

"You must sneak in to your apartment and kill Ren."

"No! You would have to kill me before I kill my husband."

"Suit yourself. I'll let you starve here before I get blood on my hands."

He got up, walked over to the door, and left. He didn't come back. I was sitting there with my hands tied behind the chair. I remembered I still had my phone. Even though a week had passed, there must be some battery before it died. I slowly untied the knot around my left hand and got it free. I slipped my hand into my pocket and grabbed my phone. It was on fifteen percent. I slowly made my way towards the door and opened it up. I peeked outside and saw what was surrounding me. We were on the outskirts of the city. I closed the door and made my way back to where I was. I dialed Ren's number and waited for him to pick up.

"Y/N?"

"Ren!" I said, happy to hear his voice.

"Am I glad to hear your voice again."

"Ren, listen to me."

"I'm listening."

"I am on the western outskirts of the city. There is an abandoned warehouse. That's where I am."

"Has Akechi done anything to you?"

"No, but he will do something if I don't do what he says."

"I'll be right there, Y/N."

"Ok. I love you."

"I love you, too. I'll see you soon."

He hung up and I slipped my phone back into my pocket. I stuck my left arm down where the bindings were and waited there.

Jake was watching Hinata as I left to gather Yusuke and Ryuji. I knew they'd come in handy. When I met them in the train station, I explained what happened and we headed towards the police station. We walked in and told the officer I had gotten whereabouts of Y/N. They gathered a group of people and we headed out to the western outskirts.

"Hold on, Y/N. Hold on."