Part 32

Alec felt like his legs were chained to the ground when he arrived at work that morning. His usual routine was going to work and meet Magnus there since he refused for Magnus had to pick him up and walked into the office together. But today he went in and straight into his department and finding some work to keep him busy and away from Magnus. He was doing a great job so far since he was staying in the designing department throughout the day and ignoring Magnus' calls into his office but somehow due to work, Magnus also couldn't keep calling him.

Alec decided he wanted to stay in the office a bit longer since he knew Magnus probably waiting for him and told one of his colleague to inform anyone who's looking for him that he'd already left. They were doing some project on one of the publishing company and Alec was selecting few of their board images. It was late and passed seven, no one is at the office. He loves the quiet environment and to him, he could focus more. He chose to stay in so he won't be thinking of Magnus when he went home and for the other reason is because he want to stay away from his siblings that was currently at his house.

He was examining one of the board selective images on the plane table with light underneath it. One by one he looked into and chose the best out of any of it. He wasn't aware he was not alone at the time until he heard someone cleared his throat. "Working extra hours?" Magnus' voice heard from the door and he almost jumped at the point. Placing his palm on his chest, he exhaled in relief. "Magnus you're scaring me." He said and turned his body back on the images before him. "Alexander, is everything okay?" Magnus asked as he leaned himself against the door frame.

"I don't know, you tell me. Is everything okay?" He asked sarcastically and Magnus knew he was asking the obvious question. He sighed removing himself from leaning against the door frame and walked into the room. "Look, I can clearly see that you are upset and I know Jace told you what happened, but I can explained." Alec slammed his fist on the table and the whole table shook leaving the papers all on the ground. "You lied to me! Among all the people who I'd trust you are the least one I expect that would lie. Why?" Alec asked looking at him with a fury eyes.

"I couldn't." Magnus choked, his eyes were pleading and hoping what he did could be forgave by Alec. "I couldn't lose you again. If I told you, I know I would lose you." He said and Alec glared at him, "Well you were right about that. Its over between us." He said grabbing his bags from the ground and proceeded to the door but his arm were caught by Magnus first stopping him on the track. "Alexander please, let me fix this. I'll do anything, please. Just don't leave me again." He begged, Alec inhaled a sharp breath and exhaled them longly before he turned his head towards Magnus, he eyed Magnus on his face and saw nothing but guilt, regret and sadness.

"Try to take back what you told me before you lose me. Then I'll reconsider." He said and pulling his hand off Magnus. "Alec please, don't do this. I'm sorry, please, I'm sorry for what I've said to you and I regretted it since, I wish I could say another word for sorry to make you feel better but I can't and I know I broke your trust but I swear I'll do anything you ask me too so that I won't lose you again." Magnus pleaded, Alec turned and he stared at the person before him, the person he still love no matter what but his heart shattered beyond fixing. "You told me you hated me. You blame me for what happened to Rafe and you know for fact I would never let anyone hurt him. What if later on someone hurt Rafe again and I was there, would you blame me again? You were right in the first place, I should never have come into your life, all of this wouldn't happen if we didn't meet each other. All of these wont matter if we didn't-"

Alec was cut off by Magnus pressing his lips on his, he tried to fight it off and pushed Magnus away from him but Magnus stand strong and the more Alec pushed him, the more he stood his ground. He grabbed Alec's face hard and pressed his lips harder. Tears were flooding and fall on Alec's cheek as his hand fought Magnus but gave up after a while. His body were pressed on the wall behind him and he has no where else to go. Their kiss were deepened and after a while, Magnus let his lips apart and rested his forehead on Alec's.