Part 17

Alec left the dining area looking for Magnus and Magdelene told him to look in his studies. He has his own library and Magnus actually loves books. He had amazing collection of them even though he barely had time to read nowadays with his business is skyrocketing. He followed the instructions to the library as told so he won't get lost again. As he stood before the wooden door and a gold door knob, he sighed exhaling a long breaths. He felt nervous, he felt anxious at seeing him but he had to see him, he had to ask him, to know his past. He's ready to know further. So he knocked on the door and waited for answers.

He didn't get the answers he seek but he decided to enter anyway. The sudden wind gushed on his face when he opened the door and darkness was all he could see. After his eyes adjusted to the darkness, he could see a small dim light appears in the room on each table. Tall racks of bookshelf which is heaven for all bookworms with books different in sizes, width, covers, old and new, historical, fictions, sciences, all you can have.

Alec scan the book shelf with his eyes reading the labels and his hands traced the dust covered the books. It hasn't been touch in months, probably years. Maybe Magnus bought the mansion with the house already had this library, maybe he bought it because of the library, he thought. He stopped walking at the one of book shelves when he noticed someone by the tall window. He walked through the shelves and saw Magnus sitting by the window on a long bench covered with red cushion. He was staring at the sky, the window is bare and the curtains were set to side. The night sky shine the room with moonlight and it looks astonishing and breathtaking.

"Magnus?" He called as he could see him lost in his thoughts not even realizing his presence behind him. Alec saw he was holding a piece of photo in his hand, but he couldn't see what the picture was. Magnus still stares at the sky ignoring him. "Magnus?" He called again but he kept his silenced and Alec gave up. He turn and was about to leave when he heard him.

"You told me before, when people died, they became stars so that they could watch the people they love from above. Every night a new stars appeared and shines its best to let the people they love knows that they are okay. When you died, the only thing keeping me closed to you are that." He pointed his long index finger towards the glass window. Alec looked at where he's pointing and he saw the sky with hundreds blinking lights. Its beautiful but yet saddening.

"I couldn't stop blaming myself for what I said to you, I was blind by my stupidity and rage I didn't think before I said those words to you and I regretted it every single days of my lives. I thought back your words and I have been coming to the library every since, not until I saw you months ago, I know that you are not dead but just - lost."

Magnus stood from his place and walked towards Alec, he held a photo in his hand and handed it to him. Alec took it and the photo broke his heart. It was him and Magnus cuddled up together in bed, bare chest and him asleep. His face on the crook of Magnus neck and Magnus had his hand on Alec's hair, he was smiling but Alec was asleep. He doesn't even remember of this photo taken but somehow images appears.

Magnus face flashes through his mind, not the present one but the bare chested one. He was panting, breathless and his eyes are darkening in lust. "Sh, Alexander, I need this, I need this since the first day I met you. I can't keep lying to everyone about my feelings for you." His voice is husky and rough but Alec felt warm and missing. He wanted it, he wanted this more than anything. "Please don't tell me to stop, please tell me you wanted this too." His voices appears again and Alec could see movements, naked bodies, pantings, and sweat glistening back but all in bits and pieces.

"Our first night together." Alec whispered and the photo fell from his hand. Magnus cupped his cheek and Alec lifted his eyes meeting Magnus'. His were brown and his centre darkened like the flashes of his memories but tears threatened to spill. Their forehead leans and their breaths hitched feeling the warmth of each other upon each breaths. Lips were barely an inch far apart and Alec thought Magnus would kiss him again but he was wrong.