Epilogue

I look up to the platform as I noticed something was up, I walk over to the opposite side and turn my head in both directions looking for some way up, the only way up is from the middle. I slowly move my way up, holding onto the middle panel before I jump onto the platform.

I frown once I see a corpse, well a skeleton. I could tell the person was once a female by some parts of the bone but why was she here? I notice a few objects on the floor, a photograph which has the back facing me, an old, slowly decaying black diary and also an old necklace.

I pick up the objects before I jump off the edge causing the two men to jump from shock. "We were calling you... we didn't where you disappeared too," I hear Nate almost scold me but I just ignore as I open up the diary.

"What do you have there?" I hear my father ask once he notices the object in my hands. I shrug and read the first page which had a name written on it, I raise an eyebrow once I read the last name... Sullivan. Sullivan? I don't believe a lot of people with the last name Sullivan manages to find the lost city.

I skimmed back to the first name, Leah. Leah Sullivan. Even though I didn't know much about my own mother, her name was Leah I recall my father telling me, I place my hand to my mouth as tears start filling my eyes, my mother found the lost city and that's why she left. I take a few deep breaths as I turned to my father who had a worried look on his face.

I didn't say anything but handing him all the objects I had found, I just watch as he looks at each individual piece, "Goddamn," He simply says as he looks into the diary. "This is what she was talking about?" I hear him whisper.

"What? T-talking about w... what?" I stutter as a tear rolls down my eyes, shaking my head not understanding what he is talking about, I feel a hand be placed on my shoulder, I turn to see Nate standing behind me, sending me a smile as a comforting gesture.

"Months before your mother disappeared, she was talking about some kind of hunt, treasure hunt but... I never realised she was on about this,"

"Marlowe was talking about something like this," I suddenly hear Nate spit out, my frown deepens and my eyebrow raised as I gesture him to tell me. "When I was talking, Marlowe was talking about your mother and she said about her looking for the city by herself and she found it,"

I move my sight somewhere else and smiled, my mother was here. I can finally understand my mother, with the diary, the picture but I knew what I was going to do with the necklace. My father was going to have that as a memory.

I nod my head as my father hands me the objects, I placed the photograph in the diary before I hand him to Nate, asking if he could look after it due to me not having any pockets, I whisper a thank you before turning towards my father.

"Keep it, you need something as a reminder as well," My father nods and puts it in his own pocket, sending me a nod as a thank you, I pull out my gun from my trousers and drifted between the two. "Let's go and stop these two,"

None of us says another word and heads out of the building, leaving my mother's skeleton there to rest. we follow the bridges until we reach an old turning mechanism. "Give me a hand with this," My father asks Nate, who nods and runs over and grabs onto one of the bars whilst my father grabs onto the other. I watch as the turned it and start going down, I quickly run over just in time before it got down to far to reach.

"This is gonna get hairy. You ready for this?" My father question as my grip of the gun tightens, I nod my head confirming that I am ready, Nate also agrees as he pulls out his larger gun, getting ready for a gunfight.

We carry on moving through the city, finding the way the water was supplied and we knew we were going in the right directions due to the face that there were a loud of Marlowe and Talbots men there waiting. I quickly jump in cover by the turning wheel and start firing rapidly at the men, taking a few guys down. One of the men thought it would be a good idea to try and sneak over, he grasps shoulders about to hit me against the small wall. I used my gun it hit him in the head which stunned him and took the opportunity to hit his head against the wall whilst my father and Nate finished the rest off.