Chapter 1

"Nate? Are you all right?" I ask as I stand next to my father, looking into the bathroom. I look around the bar, to see a load of men lying on the floor unconscious including the bartender. "Are you hurt?" My father asks.

"Just my pride," Nate replies as he walks out of the bathroom, "They're gonna need a plunger," Nate suddenly says, "Yeah, not going to bother asking," I say as I follow my father into the kitchen. "Stop them!" I hear someone order to see Talbot's men standing in the kitchen.

I run over to one of the guys, punching him in the face a few times, stunning him before reaching over to grab a glass bottle, smashing it over his head, causing him to fall unconscious and bleed from the glass.

"Ready to go?" My father asks I look over to see one of the selfs have been pushed over and a man is underneath, well that escalated fast. I nod my head and followed the men out of the pub. My father leans over, putting his hands on his knees taking a few deep breaths, I tap his back with a smile before I follow after Nate, heading out of the door and into the dark alleyway.

I sign and stopped moving once I see the man, Cutter is outside with Talbot's men surrounding us, "Oops," Cutter says. Yes oops indeed, I thought to myself, "Ahh... damn it," 

I look over my shoulder to see a few men from inside coming towards us, now having no way to get out, this is just great. I turn back around only to punched in the face, I groan as I'm then kicked in the stomach sending me to the ground before being kicked backward so I'm lying on some black bags between Nate and my father.

I groan as pain shots through from the kick in the stomach. I turn to look to the entrance of the alleyway to see a black car pulling up. "Don't. Stay down," I hear someone say as the car slowly stops. The car door open to see Talbot, I glare at him as he smirks at me, suddenly the other door opens.

A woman with blonde, short hair climbs out, putting up a black umbrella, shielding her from the rain. "Hello, Victor," The woman says, "Kate," My father says back who has a scowl on his face, obviously not happy to see her.

"Still wallowing in the gutter with your protégé's, I see. Not very dignified for a man of your age," The woman says and chuckle and snapped at her, "You can talk... look at you!" 

"Well... if it isn't Violet Sullivan... Haven't seen you a long, long time. Still, act like a brat by the looks of it," I glare at her, "Yeah... well, you must have inspired me," I tell her causing her to frown. "Just like your mother..." She starts to say, glaring down at me, "She wasn't the most pleasant person ever, yeah you definitely got her attitude... very bad," She announces and I roll my eyes.

"Shoulda known you'd be behind this," I watch as Marlowe puts down her umbrella, "Oh, careful now - wouldn't want you to melt," Nate sarcastically said, making me chuckle. Marlowe chuckles, "Same cocky little shit, worse than her," Marlowe tells him, pointing over to me with her umbrella.

"So fearless..." Marlowe starts as the pulls the handle of her umbrella out, bring out a sharp blade. She hands the rest of the umbrella over to Talbot, "I wonder what you're really afraid of..." She puts the tip of the knife to hit forehead, sliding it down the side of his face.

"Not bullets, or blood, or broken bones... No, you get off on all this, don't you? Cheating death - or not," She finishes and using the knife to hold the ring up, she laughs at the sight of it, "Mr. Sullivan, I won't harm your precious boy," Marlowe tells my father as she takes the ring, "I merely want what's mine," Marlowe scowls before walking over to the car. Suddenly Nate gets up and is about to chase after her.

I gasp as Nate falls to the ground with blood on his shirt, "You asshole!" I snap only for me to be shot in the chest, I fall back onto the floor, lying next to Nate as black slowly covers my sight. The last thing I hear is another gun fire and a thud, I knew we shouldn't have gone through with this.