Chapter 73

My face paled.

No. No no no no no no no.

This cannot be happening.

I raced down the hallways, looking for any signs of her, desperately hoping she was okay.

Every time something good happens, another two bad occurances take its place.

I roughly ran my hands through my hair, stopping to take notice of the dulled blue.

I need to recolour this shit.

Shaking off my thoughts, I continued my search.

Not looking where I was going, I bumped into a person, knocking me off balance and making me fall on my ass.

"God fucking d-" I looked up to see the same nurse from earlier.

My eyes widened.

I cleared my throat and tried to act professional.

"Have you seen the girl I was with earlier anywhere?" I rushed out, forgetting to check and see if she was okay seeing as it was a nasty fall.

She just smiled at me and nodded, gesturing down the hall.

"She is down there. You'll know when you get there." She winked at me, leaving me confused.

I'll know when I get there?

Where could she possibly be?

After taking notice of the calmness in the nurse's voice, I slowed down my pace. She was okay, and at this point, that was all that mattered.

Finally I saw her, bright smile overtaking her features.

She stood behind a glass wall, looking in at something.

Just seeing her so happy instantly brightened my mood and I snuck up on her, wrapping my arms around her frame.

"Whatcha looking a-"

My breath caught in my throat and I had to open and close my mouth several times to express my shock.

She was standing before the baby nursery.

There was another nurse within the room, checking in on the children every so often.

But wait.

"I thought you hated kids." I said, not quite understanding.

The side of her mouth quirked up a bit

"Me too..."

We just stood there in silence for a few seconds before she decided to break it again.

"Do you want kids Billie?"

Her voice was so soft and quiet I almost missed it.

Her words caused me to think about my future..

Our future.

"Yeah..." I trailed off, having a mini revelation within myself.

I really was going to marry her.

---------------------------------

"I hired a P.I. last night. He is going to be the eyes and ears around here for a bit."

I nodded at Mrs. Hayes.

I bit my lip nervously as my foot subconsciously tapped on the cold floor.

"Hey," Jessica comforted. "We are going to keep her safe Billie."

I just swallowed and nodded.

"This time around you can choose who comes with us."

Who could I possibly want to go with us? They all betrayed me in some fucked up way.

Gigi's car is too small, Sam's a dick, Finneas wouldn't want me getting hurt...

Again, Sam's a dick.

Determination clouded my features.

"I think I know just who is coming.."

I picked up my phone and dialed a number.

"Ello?" She responded.

"Sup Autumn. I need your help with something that has to stay a secret." I explained.

"Consider my lips sealed."

"What is your number one goal so far?" I decided to bribe her in case she didn't want to.

She puffed out air.

"Hm. I want to lock up Sam quite a fucking bit." She murmered.

I choked a laugh.

"That can be arranged."

"And if the law disagrees, fuck them, we'll get him ourselves." I could practically see the frown on her face.

"Well I need you to help me find someone." I said.

"Ooh I'm in."

"You don't even know the context..." I trailed off.

"Going on a mission with Billie Eilish? You must be some crazy bitch if you give that up. Plus, if I pretend this is a top-secret mission, it could be made into a movie." She marveled.

I just rolled my eyes. Honestly, I was so immersed in my personal life I hadn't once thought about music.

"Mhm. Sure Autumn."

"I can see it now... Autumn faces obstacles alongside her somewhat-talented sidekick-"

"Wait.. Bitch why the fuck am I the sidekick?" I asked, shocked beyond belief.

"Because it's cooler if I am the main."

"Can't argue with you there." I sighed in defeat.

"Okay I'm gonna go throw myself on my Yoga Instructor now - bye!"

The phone beeped, signaling the end of the call.

Sometimes I have no idea why I gave her my phone number.

I just laughed, thinking about the conversation I just held with Autumn and turned around to meet Jessica's patient gaze.

"She in?" She asked.

I just nodded and flashed her a thumbs up.

My phone beeped in my pocket and I took it out to examine the screen. Pressing the messages bar, I went to the thread I had with my brother.

Finneas
'nother nightmare

Ah fuck.

Ever since the situation with Sam, Ava hasn't been able to sleep properly, she'd wake up screaming or crying - sometimes both.

I just want to hug her, kiss her - comfort her in any possible way I can. Show her I'm there and not leaving.

My jaw ticked as I remembered the phone call, how that manwhore eas hurting MY girl.

"I might just have another person I can call..."

----------------------------------

I am so exhausted. My school dance was yesterday - that was fun by the way, and my feet are aching.

Hope you enjoyed!!

KAY GOODBYEEE 💕