Chapter 40

Time was going by way too fast. A week had gone since Cierra found our the news, and it had been a week since the squad was reunited.

And it had been four weeks since Billie was shot...

Reporters came to visit me every so often, begging to do a story to which I declined every time.

It's none of their fucking business.

I woke up in the early AM's every day, unable to stand the lonliness.

It was eating away at me each day.

But each day, I just smiled and said I was okay. But I wasnt. I needed her. I needed her.

Finneas barely left Cierra's side, always checking in on her.

It made me feel extemely single.

Which I wasn't.

I swear those two could make an old married couple feel single.

I realized that when Finneas had left Cierra's house, he went to get a sleeping bag. That weirdo had been staying with her since.

My visits to the hospital became shorter and my time in my room lengthened.

Autumn attempted to get me to get up and go live, but I wasn't having it.

That's what brought me to room 405 at four in the morning.

I had to see her.

As I crept in, the beeping of the heart monitor sounded, nice and steady.

I heard the slow breathing of my everything, her chest raising and lowering slowly.

I whimpered quietly before shifting closer to her and kneeling by her bed.

I grapsed her cold hand tightly and pulled it to my lips.

"Hey baby." I smiled sadly.

She didn't move.

"I'm sorry I haven't been around lately, I have just been busy..."

I lied to her. I wasn't busy at all. I just couldn't bare to see her like this.

"A few weeks ago you told me you wanted a dog. A puppy though, because you don't like when they bark... I promise if you wake up we can go get one. Right now."

I choked out a sob.

"I love you." I said, grasping at the last bit of hope I could muster.

I prayed for her to squeeze back, just a little bit. But she hadn't responded.

If I was her only chance at waking up, I just fucked it up.

------------------------------

Isabella's P.O.V

"It's uh - nice to meet you."

I stood there paralyzed.

Whoa.

Whoa.

WHAT!?

I shut my eyes and smiled, thanking every single star in the sky for this moment.

"Isabella right?"

HE KNOWS MY NAME!

Don't freak out.

TOO LATE.

I wouldn't be surprised if I pissed my pants.

Shawn. Fucking. Mendes. Knows. My. Name.

"My good friend Billie said I should say hey.." He trailed off awkwardly.

If Billie wasn't in a coma the bear hug I want to give her right now would probably do the job. Should I be joking about that? Probably not.

"C-can I get a picture?" I stumbled worth my words, a nervous wreck.

"Sure." He agreed sweetly.

I lifted the camera up to my face and he leaned in to fit in the frame.

Then he did the unexpected.

He kissed my fucking cheek.

I almost exploded there and then but I didn't. I held it in and kept myself together despite my internal battle.

I snapped the shot and thanked him for complying to which he responded.

"It's my pleasure."

I melted.

This kid has my whole fucking heart in his hands.

Unfortunately, he had to go. I felt as if I hadn't had enough time to talk to him. At least I got to meet my idol which doesnt happen every day...

I posted the picture on my Instagram quickly, captioning it:

'My heart is so full'

I smiled as I glanced at the picture once more, before placing my phone in my pocket.

I brought it out once more not long after because of the notification I had gotten.

@shawnmendes has followed you.

And so it begins again.

---------------------------

A/N

The second half of this chapter is just a little gift for Izzy. She is so invested in all of this and she is extremely sweet and supportive.

Literally during P.E. all we do is talk about this book and future plans.

This chapter is for you as a thank you for just being so dang gr8

ily ❤