Chapter 2

I sat in front of my computer, nervously biting my lip. My fingers hovered over the big red box marked Post.

I was well known on Instagram for my covers of famous songs. I had a stroke of inspiration and decided to cover a song Billie fans knew all to well.

Bellyache.

It was a beautiful piece if I say so myself. I really felt like I took something great and made it my own in a way. Some of the chords I had changed to match my high range and I added some completely unnessecary riffs for the heck of it.

My acoustic guitar really seemed to do it justice.

With all the self confidence I could muster, I pressed the button and squeezed my eyes shut with anticipation.

Heaving a big sigh of relief, I shut my computer quickly, not wanting to see the results.

I finally remembered I had friends - which is funny because everyone else is usually forgetting about me, not the other way around.

I HAD FRIENDS!

I dived onto my bed quickly and picked up my phone.

Cierra
i'll have you know potatos are fucking tasty

I giggled at my friend's salty remark.

Sydney
potatos are so good lol

Genesis
mhm they are

Stefanie
especially with butter!

Cierra
MMMNN

Genesis

Ou my god yes

Autumn
:0

Abigail
you guys are so easily distracted...

Abigail
oh my god i found a penny

Cierra
Ava! get your ass over here. we know you are reading this

Me
i wasn't paying attention sorry. whats happening?

I could physically feel them rolling their eyes from their respectable homes, disappointed at the lack of attention I had given them over the past few weeks.

I love them and all but...

I love sleep more.

They are always up at ungodly hours, ranting about god knows what. Cierra also throws in an occasional quote from time to time.

A group call soon came in on my phone and looking at my current situation. I needed to answer.

The six faces I have grown to recognize popped up on my tiny iPhone screen.

"Hey guys." I mumbled a greeting.

"Ava you should check your Instagram." Sydney suggested, eyes holding secrets.

"What? Why." I asked skeptically.

"Just do it."

Still confused, I opened Instagram and went to my feed only to find-

2,000 notifications!?

Scrolling down, I took notice of all the random usernames followed by "liked your post", "commented on your post" or even "followed you"

I was so overwhelmed with this sudden attention when I realized something.

They were all liking my cover of Billie Eilish's song.

I squealed loudly before covering my mouth quickly, remembering the call that was in progress.

"I-I uh gotta go!" I yelled quickly, ending the face time call with my girls.

I scrolled down the comments with wide eyes

'So good!'

'Talent'

'Sing sista'

'bitch get it!'

And a bunch of tags...

My eyebrows furrowed as I examined the tag.

@wherearetheavocados

I pressed the account, intrigued to know who this was and why they were looking for avocados.

And I was met with a surprise.

It was hers.

Billie Eilish's official Instagram account.

I smiled in awe at all the pictures posted, each seemingly having its own uniqueness to it.

I quickly pressed the follow button.

Notifications continued to pour in by the second, each and every one filled with sweet encouraging words to "keep singing."

It all felt so surreal. Something I had never felt before. Special. I know that followers don't make you special or a good person but something about getting validation from my piers really became a necessity for me. Making sure I was liked is something I do on a daily basis.

Then the unexpected happened.

@wherearetheavocados commented on your post

My. Jaw. Dropped.

My chest beat heavily in my chest as I fumbled with my phone to look at the comment.

And what I saw made me scream.

'beautiful'

And if things couldn't get any better?

@wherearetheavocados has followed you

----------------------------
A/N

Two posts in one night? you can thank the gc for that.

Most of the things they said in the texts, they actually said and I incorporated it into the book.

Hope you enjoyed!