─ chapter nine

Cecilia and Mackenzie were walking down the halls of Auradon Prep, just chatting

Cecilia and Mackenzie were walking down the halls of Auradon Prep, just chatting. Kenzie was holding a book to her chest, walking alongside the blonde.

"So, how did you meet your Cheshire Cat boyfriend?" Kenzie asked, glancing at Ceci. "Can he turn into a cat?"

"As far as we know, no. It could happen though." Ceci replied. "It would be fun. Although I'm afraid he would eat Winston, my bunny. As for how we met... it's a long story involving a childhood meeting, me thinking I was insane for years, months of forest meetings and him almost getting deported to the Isle." She explained, as simplistic as she could.

"Oh... well that sounds... interesting. He does not want to be on the Isle. It's an awful place full of awful people. My only escape was my visio..." Kenzie trailed off and then blinked a few times. "Elaborate, please?" She asked.

"Well..." Ceci began. "We met when I was six because he crashed into me while being invisible. Then he disappeared and ten years later he just appears in a tree at school! And then..."

Suddenly, Ceci's voice began to fade away. The world around Kenzie morphed into darkness. She looked down at the floor. Blood. Kenzie began to breathe heavily and her eyes frantically darted around. In front of her stood a looming figure in a tall hat, laughing hysterically. Kenzie looked down at her own hands. Blood. There was blood on her hands.

"Get it off!" She cried. "No... I didn't kill her! Her blood... it's on my hands!" She panicked, tears springing to her eyes.

"Kenzie?" Ceci asked, stopping in her tracks and turning to her new friend. Kenzie didn't snap out of her world. She was shaking intensely and her eyes were fixed on her hands.

"Get the blood off! Please! I didn't do anything!" She cried, tears rolling down her cheeks. She fell onto the floor in a heap. By now, passers by were staring and beginning to crowd around.

"Oh my god." Ceci gasped. "Someone get Greyson!" She yelled. Kenzie stared at her shaking hands, stained with blood. It was seeping through her fingers and she looked at the floor and saw a bloody dagger next to a body she recognised. Her mother's body.

"P-please!! Someone stop it!" Kenzie begged. Her father's hysterical laugh deafening her. Her head throbbing.

Suddenly Grey kneeling was in front of her, clutching her shoulders and saying something Kenzie couldn't hear, trying to snap her out of it.

"No... no... mommy come back..." Kenzie begged, her voice trailing into a whisper. "Come back..." Slowly, the visions began to fade and Kenzie found herself back in reality. Tears were rolling uncontrollably down her cheeks as she looked at her hands. The blood was gone. She looked up at Grey, fear in her eyes. "I... I..." She tried to speak but couldn't get a word out through her sobs.

"Shhh it's alright." He said softly, pulling her into a hug.

"Grey, let's take her to her room," Ceci said softly. Grey nodded and whispered in kenzie's ear. "Can you get up?" Kenzie was still shaking and crying. She looked at Grey.

"I-I... I d-don't know." She stammered.

"Told you she's a crazy bitch." Audrey, who had watched the whole episode unfold, muttered loudly to Chad, who was stood next to her. Kenzie's frown deepened and more tears fell down her cheeks.

"Audrey, kindly fuck off." Grey grumbled, draping Kenzie's arm around his shoulder, signalling for Ceci to do the same, which she did.

"Well, Greyson, can you explain whatever that was? The only answer is that she's crazy. You just don't want to admit that I'm right." Audrey retorted, letting out a bratty 'hmph' before pulling Chad away. Kenzie frowned even more and let out another sob.

"Well, Audrey, can you explain why you're such a heartless bitch? The only answer is that you're spoiled and bratty. You just don't want to admit that I'm right." He called after her. Audrey spun around and glared at Grey. She opened her mouth to respond, but no words came out of her mouth. Instead, she let out an irritated groan and then stomped off, Chad trailing after her.

"Well that was rare." Grey muttered. "Come on Kenzie." He sighed, standing up as Ceci followed. Kenzie was barely taking steps, lost in thought. She couldn't stop thinking about what she saw. Her mother bleeding out, dead. Her mother's blood on her hands. Was she really just crazy? Did it ever actually happen or was it something her craziness made her see? Did she kill her mother? Hundreds of questions circled in her head as she walked with the assistance of Ceci and Grey, tears still spilling from her eyes.

-