─ chapter twenty-two

It was quite early in the morning and with Cecilia's persuasion, Kenzie had agreed to prepare some tea for a mini tea party with the former, accompanied by her boyfriend and twin sister

The group were in Kenzie's dorm, seated around a small round table.

"Alright, I have plenty of choices. You can have chamomile, earl grey, oolong, green, mint..." Kenzie listed as she went through her array of tea bags she'd brought from the Isle.

"Oooo surprise me!" Ceci said excitedly. "There's too many I can't make up my mind. Are there any special to the Isle?"

"Oh no, the only thing special about the Isle were flies that would find their way into the teapot." Kenzie shuddered, shaking her head as she placed the tea bag into the cup.

"That's... not nice." Ally muttered, shaking her head. "I'll have chamomile though." She added. Kenzie nodded in response and prepared that.

"I haven't had the chance to try much tea, surprise me too." Cyrus replied, his arms wrapped around Ceci. Kenzie nodded and smiled, pouring the hot water into the cups.

"You two are very cute." Kenzie said, glancing at the happy couple.

"Thank you," Ceci replied, leaning into Cyrus.

"It's nice to see love and kindness. The Isle was just... the complete opposite. All heartbreak." Kenzie muttered, stirring the tea and then handing the cups to the respective people. They all thanked her and Kenzie sat down beside Ally with her own teacup, sipping it.

"Well, I haven't been here very long but it's probably not always without heartbreak and sorrow. That's just a part of life," Cyrus shrugged. "But I'm happy with my darling." He added, pressing a kiss to Ceci's head.

"It shouldn't be though," Ceci said passionately. "That's what life is for, happiness!"

"Some of us just haven't found it yet." Kenzie shrugged, sipping on her tea.

"Well while it certainly isn't the only source of happiness, it would help if you had a significant other," Ceci said smiling at Cyrus before leaning on the table. "Any boys catch your fancy?" Kenzie froze for a moment, clearing her throat as she shook her head.

"No, no." She muttered, glancing at Ally. "What about you?" She asked, eager to divert the conversation away. Ally, however, expressed a similar reaction as she stared down at her tea and shook her head.

"But like I said, not everything. Friends and school are important too. How is that treating you?" Ceci asked, quickly changing the subject.

"School is nice, although I do miss my little cafe on the Isle. I didn't get many customers but it was nice." Kenzie responded with a small shrug. "I've found some good friends in you guys, definitely." She added.

"I guess we all have that Wonderland bond in us." Cyrus chuckled softly.

"Absolutely," Ceci replied confidently. Cyrus smiled and pressed a gentle kiss to Ceci's cheek.

"What was your café like?" Ally asked curiously, finally speaking up.

"Well, it was my dad's but he kind of disappeared so I ran it. Mad Hatter's Tea Shoppe." Kenzie explained, smiling at her only fond memory of the Isle.

"What do you mean disappeared?" Ceci asked curiously.

"It's not really something I like to talk about. I just never saw him, I don't know why," Kenzie shrugged. "But I took the cafe and looked after it and made it my own." She added, eager to change the subject.

"Well that must have been very hard for you," Cyrus said with a soft tone. "Did you like your cafe?"

"Yeah, it was my little place." Kenzie nodded.

"Well why don't you set one up here?" Ceci suggested. "We could always use more tea shops."

"That's actually a pretty good idea," Ally spoke up and Cyrus nodded in agreement.

"Hm... maybe I'll think about it." Kenzie replied, a soft smile on her lips as she poured herself some more tea.

-