Chapter 9: " How Adorable "

( Yuri's POV )

    I saw Monika's breathing slow down tremendously and I knew she had fallen asleep. Of course I was not going to leave Monika to sleep on the cold floor, no no! If anything, Monika needs to stay warm and comfortable. I got up from my bed silently, making little to no noise. I walked over to Monika and gently unzipped her sleeping bag. I wrapped my arms around the sleeping Monika, lifting her into my arms. She is so light weight and soft. Walking over to one side of my bed, I placed Monika under the sheets, which were warmer than the sleeping bags blanket. I moved to the other side of the bed and curled up around Monika, watching her sleep.

    I could feel Monika's gentle breathing. It made me feel so calm, and I tightened my arms around Monika. She is so precious..I can't believe she is here with me. I'm not going to let her go this time- I saw Monika's phone light up with a message. I sat up, gently releasing my grip on Monika, lifting up Monika's phone.

  (Texts)

Sayori: Heya Monika, just wanted to make sure you got to Yuri's house safely! You never really told me who Yuri was, but I hope I get to meet her! She sounds really nice!

     I glared at the screen and made a shy glance at the sleeping Monika, whos back was illuminated by the phones light. So, Sayori is Monika's close friend. The phone vibrated again.

Sayori: Love ya girl! Have fun, night!

     My grip tightened around the phone. I did not like the way Sayori's wording was, especially how she was trying to pry on Monika's situation. I shut Monika's phone down and set it back where it was, exactly. I leaned over Monika, brushing some hair from her face.

   " Do not worry my love...she will not get in the way. " I said quietly, Monika shifted in her sleep groaning. I laid back down and wrapped my arms around her, watching her for the rest of the night.

  I felt Monika beginning to wake up and a smile coarse my face. " Good morning. " I said quietly, hearing Monika yawn and shudder as if she was trying to stretch. Monika blinked her eyes and lifted herself into a sitting position.

  " Morning Yuri! Did you move me up here onto the bed-? " Monika asked me as she realized she wasn't on her sleeping bag anymore.

   " Yes, I did. You looked uncomfortable, so I put you up here in my bed instead. " I said quickly, sitting up next to Monika and smiling at her. I saw her face flush into a deep shade of red and then she put her hands over her face. I wrapped her into a hug, hearing her quietly yelp. " How about we visit your friend, Sayori? " I asked, my eyes narrowed.

    " Oh, most definitely! I talk about you a lot to her..and sometimes she just bluntly asks if she can meet you. " Monika said with a nervous laugh. How adorable. I nuzzled Monika's back gently with my nose, making Monika even more flustered. Agh, I can't help myself-it's too cute~! I decided to let Monika go and get ready. As I waited, I myself got dressed for the day.

    Not a moment later, Monika walked out wearing casual clothes. A white shirt with skinny jeans. I smiled at her and accompanied her side.

   " I guess I'll take you there!" Monika said with her shy smile. I gave her a little nudge with my elbow as we went to the front door. As I walked alongside Monika down the streets, I saw Monika swiftly pull out her phone and text Sayori. I put my hand over Monika's phone gently.

    " Ehehe, don't worry about texting her, lets make it a surprise! " I said, watching Monika put her phone away in agreement. The rest of the walk was quite a wonderful conversation. I got to hear about Monika's other hobbies and it was very interesting to hear her outlook on the world. Soon we arrived at a casual looking house, Monika swiftly went to the door and knocked.

     " Coming! " A muffled female voice shouted inside the house. The door swung open. " MONIKA!!!! " Sayori jumped into Monika, hugging her tightly. It took all my might not to punch her directly in the face. Sayori saw me and instantly got up. " Is this Yuri? " I did a light smile, internally plotting how to kill her.

      " Yes it is! " Monika said, walking over to me and pulling me closer to Sayori's front step. " She decided it would be good to meet you today. " I glared at Sayori, who seemed to actually glare back. I thought she was the sweet girl, what is she so bothered about. Monika and Sayori whispered to each other before Sayori let Monika inside.

      " So Yuri....you like Monika? " Sayori asked, keeping that idiotic smile on her face. I just glared at her. " Hm...is that a yes then? I am guessing it is! Well-that's a shame-ehehe-" Sayori chuckled slightly, then glared at me. I froze in place, tensing up.

     " Sorry to say, Yuri...but Monika is mine. " Sayori hissed quietly. I felt my hands tighten into balls of fists. Monika walked back out of the house.

      " Alright, ready to go? " Monika asked. Sayori and I made eye contact before both nodding. I instantly walked up to Monika's side, Sayori did the same, but on Monika's other side.

      " So Monika ca- " Sayori cut me off.

   " I heard you got kicked out of school for a few weeks. That is terrible! " Sayori whined, shooting me a glance. The conversation continued as normal, but as soon as we arrived at the restaurant, things got a little more...competitive. As I went to order our food, I turned around and watched as Sayori dragged Monika outside. I quickly followed.

   " Monika, do you mind closing your eyes for a moment? " Sayori said quietly. Monika questioned it, but closed her eyes. I watched as Sayori pulled Monika in and kissed her, looking directly at me and smiling.

     " S-sayori-!" Monika said quickly, pulling out of Sayori's embrace. Sayori chuckled and smiled.

    " Hm. " Sayori said quietly as she walked up to me and grabbed my arm. " Check mate. " She said quietly, slipping past me.

                                                          Well if that's how she wants to play it.

                                                                              G a m e  O n.