Chapter 16: " You Don't Know Anything! "

( Yuri's POV )

" Monika. Monika get up. " I said quietly and Monika sat up, rubbing her head. Natsuki was passed out on the grass curled in a ball. " I am surprised you stayed awake. " I got to my feet, looking down at Monika who was now staring at the grass. I gently pat her back. She wont look at me. " Is something bothering you? " I asked quietly.

" No, not at all-! " Monika's head quickly looked at me with a half smile. I sat down next to her and tightly hugged her. What are you hiding from me, Monika? What is it you don't want me to know? I narrowed my eyes at her.

" I hate it when you lie to me. " I said sternly, letting go of Monika. She seemed to freeze in position, her pupils growing small. " Tell me the truth. " I leaned over Monika with my hands behind my back. She seemed to be deep in thought or paralyzed with fear.

" I-..." Monika began to speak, but Natsuki stirred up to her feet.

" Oi! You guys are just going to leave me here, hm? " Natsuki walked over to us, making Monika go quiet, and put a smile on her face. Is it really that bad..? I glared at Natsuki.

" I think we all need to go home. " I said sternly. Monika didn't lift her gaze to look at me. Monika got to her feet and we all began walking home, silent. I opened the door and let Monika and Natsuki inside, following closely behind Monika.

" Hey! Wait a second! Yuri, I need to talk to you-!" Natsuki said in a quick voice grabbing my arm tightly. I turned to look at her and sighed.

" Fine. What is it? " I asked, following Natsuki out of Monika's earshot. I felt Natsuki's grip on my arm tighten and her hands were cold. It even made me shudder. Natsuki gulped and looked at me wide eyed.

" Somethings wrong with Monika. Something is REALLY wrong with her. She's not acting like herself- " Natsuki looked over my shoulder slightly at Monika, who was reading a book.

" I knew it. I wasn't the only one who noticed-she is acting strange. Too strange. " I whispered, Natsuki frantically nodding. " We need to figure it out. " I lifted my head and kept my normal composure, walking over to Monika.

" Oh-Hey Yuri! I think I'll be heading off to bed early. " Monika said quietly with a light smile. I noticed the dark circles under her eyes. Has she not been sleeping..? I was about to reach for Monika, but Natsuki was making a gesture at me to let her go, so I did. I frowned.

" Alright, goodnight Monika. " I whispered to her, leaning in and kissing her forehead. Monika gave me a gentle peck on the cheek and went to bed. I turned to Natsuki, who seemed just as upset. I walked over to Natsuki, crossing my arms over my chest. " Happy now? "

" Yes. In fact I am! " Natsuki glared back. " Don't act like I am the bad guy here. I am her friend you know! I care. " Natsuki collapsed on the couch, I kicked her leg.

" Careful with my furniture. " I hissed at her. It's expensive. Natsuki swatted at me with her hand and spit as my feet.

" Don't kick me! " Natsuki hissed back, hopping off the couch. I put my hand over her mouth.

" God dam you, shut up..! " I said in a low, hissing tone. " Monika is sleeping. She looked tired. Don't wake her up..or I swear to god I will snap your neck-!" Natsuki glared at me, but shut up as intended. I let go of her mouth.

" Fine. Fine.Hey-how about we look around the house and see if anything is wrong? Weird stuff like that. " Natsuki said, glancing around the room. She is right, that would be the smartest idea, hate to admit.

" You're right. Lets go searching. I'll search the bedroom first, since Monika wont suspect much from me and I am more...q u i e t. " I glared at Natsuki, but before she said anything, I silently slipped up the stairs. I walked up to the bedroom door and silently opened it. There was a heap on the bed, which I assumed was Monika asleep. I began searching through areas that were more hidden for anything out of the ordinary.

My hand latched onto a bottle and I pulled it out. I began to scan over the label. Sleeping Medicine..? It looked recently bough so how was it practically empty...? I looked around the room and noticed something off about the figure in the bed.

" Monik-! " I was cut off as someone cupped their hand over their mouth and the other over the pill bottle. I shuffled and struggled, but the figure held tightly onto me. Coral brown hair flowed in the sides of my vision. Coral brown...Monika?! I heard light sobbing from the person holding me, which I assume is Monika.

" Put the bottle down. " Monika stammered, sobbing slightly. I opened my hand and let the empty bottle drop to the floor.

" Monika-what is wrong..? I can help you-! We're together-..we need to work..together. " I said, trying to turn and face Monika, but she held my chest tighter, making me loose some air.

" You don't know what can fix it Y-Yuri! " Monika cried out, throwing me to the ground. " Nothing can fix it! " Monika threw her hands over her face and shook her head, sobbing. There was pounding up the stairs. Monika's head shot up and she slammed herself against the door.

" H-Hey! What's blocking the door?! " Natsuki yelled and I got to my feet, trying to pull Monika away from the door.

" Let go of me! Get away from me! " Monika screamed, holding the door and trying to keep herself anchored. I soon pulled her away from the door, the door swinging open, and Natsuki rushing in to help. " No! Please-! " Monika yelped as I held her upper half into a tight hug. Natsuki kept Monika's legs from kicking any of us in the face, and both of us were shouting at her at once.

" MONIKA STOP! " Natsuki was yelling at her repeatedly, and soon, Monika did stop. Monika was crying and breathing heavily, she seemed to have been struggling with all the strength she could muster. I hugged her tighter.

" What has gotten into you, Monika?! What happened-? " I asked, keeping her in a tight hug. Monika panted for a moment, and I felt her tears hit the palms of my hand.

" Because I am weak. I can't handle shit! I am no use to anyone besides being an emotional wreck! " Monika yelped at us. Natsuki's face turned to an upset expression and mine mirrored the same.

" Monika...you're no wreck. You're perfect. " I said quietly, hugging her as tight as I could. Monika stayed limp in my arms, leaning her body weight onto mine. " I may not know anything...but you can show me what I need to know. " I spoke softly, brushing Monika's hair between my fingers as her breaths calmed down.

" Please, show me Monika. "