Chapter 14: " What? "

(Yuri's POV)

     I woke up and instantly felt the pounding in my head. A hangover, how wonderful. I felt Monika resting in my grasp and held on her tightly, hearing her whimper in my grasp. I didn't know exactly what happened last night, but I remember Monika taking me back home and that was it. I rested my head on Monika's back and closed my eyes for a moment. Monika groaned before turning her head to look at me.

    " Morning Yuri. " Monika said tiredly. She looked exhausted. I pat her back gently, giving her a concerned look.

     " You seem so tired my love. What's wrong-? " I asked, hugging Monika closer to me. I felt her blood run cold as ice.

   " Yuri-do you not remember anything from last night? " Monika gave me a wide eyed look. I sat up in bed slightly.

  " I only remember getting home. Is there something I need to know-? " I put my hand on Monika's back, waiting for her reply. She seemed to be processing everything at once, and she turned over completely to look at me.

   " Last night was-well... " Monika stuttered, and I got her point. I curled up closer to her and nuzzled her. 

   " Well, at least tell me you enjoyed it.. " I said quietly, smirking at Monika, who was a blushing mess. I stroked her hair and gave her a kiss, keeping it simple at the moment since we were both tired.

   " I-..erm...I did like it..." Monika quickly went to cover her face with the pillow, which made me chuckle. " H-hey! You were drunk, I couldn't do a-anything! " Monika murmured from behind her pillow fort she was surrounding herself with. I watched her closely.

   " But you did say you enjoyed it! " I yelled, tackling her and knocking her various pillows onto the floor. I pinned her arms down on the bed and put my face on her chest. " So you have no right to complain about it~! " I smiled at her, seeing her face grow a fiery red.

  " I do too! " Monika sneered at me, and I grabbed her arms even tighter. " You bit me as well! " Monika whined, trying to wiggle from my grasp. I gave her cheek a gentle lick.

   " It was an affectionate bite, my dear~ " I said coolly. Monika made a small sound that sounded like she was resisting, but I let her go. Monika rubbed her arms and quickly sat up, shuffling very close to me. Hm, she resists but I think-just maybe- she is quite liking my roughness~ I put one arm around Monika, feeling her rest her head onto my shoulder. " We should relax today. Maybe have some hot coco while we're at it? " I said, rubbing Monika's back slightly.

   " That sounds wonderful! " Monika smiled at me. I nuzzled noses with her before letting Monika get up to take a shower. I looked around the room and saw various new things that I never really noticed before. Monika seems to add a few touches when I'm not paying attention. She added a few of her books where she tells me she writes many poems, and even her art books for her sketches. It has been a while since I have seen Monika's poems or art, so I decided to check one of her books out.

    The cover was a sleek black and it was warm from being in a hot room for so long. I opened it and was meant by a picture of a dove flying over a tree. A very nice drawing and it was very detailed.I flipped the pages and the photos slowly got more..morbid. A girl being beaten and torn apart. I looked at each picture, feeling my stomach churn. The shower turned off and I quickly put the sketch book away. What did that mean-?!

    " Ready for some hot cocoa? " Monika asked, stretching from her long shower. I nodded excitedly, pushing the sketchbook from my mind as Monika took my hand and led me downstairs. " We can try to make some homemade! " Monika smiled at me. She stopped me by the kitchen and she began picking ingredients.

    " Do you even know what you're doing? " I chuckled. Monika paused for a moment with an odd expression.

    " Nope..! " Monika said, jumping slightly as she began pouring coco powder and mixing other ingredients together. I stood beside her, helping to guide her movements since I have some experience in making hot cocoa. " Hm...here. " Monika took a bit of chocolate syrup on her finger and poked it into my mouth. It was sweet and chocolaty, so I sucked on her finger a bit.

    " Mmm. " I said, releasing Monika's finger. " That's some good chocolate~" I put my hand over Monika's, watching her cover her face slightly. She's such a passive tsundere. I love it! We continued making the hot chocolate on the stove, giggling and having a few jokes. Occasionally I got a few good lucks from behind though! Once the drinks were finished, Monika sat down on the couch, I grabbed a blanket and sat next to Monika, snuggling with her. It was peaceful that day, both of us warm and having a casual conversation. 

Then there was a knock on the door.