Chapter 21: " I Never Thought it would Happen. "

( Still Monika's POV. )

    " I can explain all of this! " I said quickly, throwing my hands by my sides.

    " Well then, spit it out! " Natsuki spat at me, sitting down on the couch and crossing her arms. " Tell me why you would talk to that...rapist like she was still your friend. " I winced. I realized that calling Sayori that blindly was a bad habit of mine after the incident, but hearing it from others made me want to swallow my words.

    " First of all, don't call her that. Second, she has repent for her problem and she even helped me overcome some of my issues that I couldn't do by myself. " I stated sternly, sucking in some air and exhaling quietly. Natsuki shook her head disapprovingly.

     " You're too nice, Monika! She's going to butter you all up knowing that you and Yuri are probably not going to get back together. " Natsuki waved her hand and looked away from me with a smug face. My stern look went to a frown and I looked down at the floor. " Oh gosh-that probably wasn't the smartest thing to say. " Natsuki sat up and I waved my hands at her, forcing a smile onto my face.

    " No. It fucking wasn't. " I hissed through my smile. " Not. Smart. At. All. " I looked away from Natsuki, who was giving me a nervous glance. " If you really are going to be honest about it, put it on me lightly. " I sighed and looked out the window, sitting there. Natsuki stayed quiet and she didn't talk or move for a few minutes. I had the urge to turn around so I did, and I noticed Natsuki was nowhere to be seen. I guess she decided to leave me alone.

    I felt this uneasy feeling like something was off, though. I got to my feet and walked around the house with no sign of Natsuki anywhere. I opened my mouth and took in some air.

   " Natsuki? " I said out loud, gazing around the house and running my hands along the wall. " You're not very comedic, please-come out.. " I shuddered, feeling something move behind me. I turned around quickly and nearly stumbled back. Nothing was there. I turned back around and was face to face with...

      " Yuri? " I nearly stumbled back once again, but this time, Yuri caught me with her arms. She had this look in her eyes. It was off-very off.

     " Monika.. " Yuri was breathing heavily and her face was quite awfully close to mine. " I realize my mistakes and I did not mean it! I want you to come back. Come back to my house. Stay with me-forever. You don't need Natsuki-Sayori doesn't even care about you anymore. All you need is-me.. " Yuri put one hand on my cheek and the other was wrapped around my back. I shook my head, pulling my face away from hers quickly.

    " I just spoke to Sayori-! She completely cares. " I hesitated saying that statement. But-Yuri is wrong! She's intoxicated or something is messing with her head. Yuri narrowed her eyes and her grip on me got tighter.

    " I love you-! I love you so, so much. Please, just listen to me! Sayori-she only wants to get close to you just to repeat that one night. Without me-you could be hurt, or attacked! " Yuri kept pushing herself closer to me, making sure I couldn't fall down the stairs or get away from her. I could feel her heart beat, intensely fast. I was shaken and worried Yuri may collapse from whatever was effecting her, so I quickly put my hand around her and hugged her tightly. " Hnngh! " 

     " Yuri! Calm down! Your heart could collapse with how fast it's beating! " I yelped and felt Yuri hug me back, and the item in her hand made me shudder. Is that a knife? Why does she have a knife? She wouldn't kill me...I hope...and Natsuki is gone. Natsuki is GONE. OH MY GOD. I perked my head up and instantly grabbed Yuri's cheeks, staring into her crazed and seemingly blood lusting eyes. " Where's Natsuki?! " I said quickly, Yuri glared at me.

      " Don't worry about her. She's alive, just..sleeping. I knocked her out so she wouldn't try to play hero and take you away! " Yuri smiled and I made a sigh of relief before realizing I was stuck in this situation. " Come on, we can snuggle at my house, and if you try to run away-you can just get chained in my basement! " Yuri nuzzled our noses together.

     Did she just say ' Chained up in her basement ' ? Alright, Yuri needs to get some rest. I don't know what happened while I was gone, but whatever it is, Yuri does NOT need anymore of it. I took Yuri's hands and held them tightly. I could feel my hands shaking with fear.

   " Y-Yuri...lets just..go home and you can get some rest. " I whimpered.

  " No-no! I want to spend every waking moment with you. EVERY single one. " Yuri bit her tongue slightly, looking at me. I grabbed Yuri's sleeve and accidentally slipped it up, stammering my next sentence after seeing multiple fresh cuts on her arm.

  " Y-you...cut y-yourself?! " I said quickly and Yuri's smile got even bigger.

  " I didn't know what else to do..every time I thought of you-I just had to release the urge! Ah-that's why you're so special to me! " Yuri looked at me and held me even tighter. I began to hyperventilate. Oh my god! I am the reason she is hurting herself! GOD DAMN IT! THIS PROVES MY FUCKING POINT! I hugged Yuri, my grip being as tight as I could get it, and began crying.

   " I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I'm sorry! " I repeated over and over, grabbing Yuri's shirt tightly. " God dam it! Stop being you! Stop liking ME! It's not good for you! Just hate me god dam it! " I screamed and hit Yuri with my hand gently, sobbing. " Why can't you fucking hate me like everyone else?! " I looked up at Yuri with tears and instead of her crazed expression, she has a sympathetic one. Yuri wrapped her other arm around me and pressed me into a soft hug, patting my head gently.

   " Monika, I could never bring myself to truly hate you. Only to pretend I do. " Yuri said in an oddly soft tone. She went from crazed to sympathetic in minutes. It was almost-flattering. I sniffled and collapsed in Yuri's arms, just being a mess. Yuri surprisingly held me with her strength and lifted me into her arms. I rested my head on her shoulder, sniffling back my tears, and Yuri was patting my back as she carried me out of Natsuki's house.

   When Yuri unlocked the door, she gently laid me down on the couch and placed a blanket over me.

   " I was watching you earlier. You were dressed in your school uniform in the snow. You must be freezing. " Yuri said calmly, completely different from just a few minutes ago. I curled up under the blanket and felt movement next to me. Yuri then curled herself around me, wrapping her arms around my body to warm me up.

  I guess things can be fixed. Even in the most-...odd of ways...they can. I leaned into Yuri's body heat and shut my eyes, drifting off.