Chapter 28: " A Nice Day. "

( Monika's POV. )

     I blinked a few times before realizing I had passed out on the kitchen table. It was dark and raining outside which made my tired mood feel slightly worse. I looked up to notice that none was in the kitchen or the living room. I felt panic slightly burst through my body as I tiredly got to my feet. I limped around the house, peering into various rooms, searching, looking for anyone else to make sure they were alright.

     I got upstairs and pressed my ear against Yuri's bedroom door. I heard the sound of soft breathing from multiple people on the other side. I gave a sigh of relief and quietly collapsed in front of the door. Thank god they're alright. I curled up in front of the door and stared at my hands as I imagined myself drawing with the air.

     " Monika... " I heard Yuri's voice whisper from the other side of the door. I perked my head up, quickly stumbling to my feet and almost loosing my footing. I opened the door quietly and saw Yuri asleep in bed, curled in a ball. Sayori and Natsuki were collapsed on the floor on some pillows and blankets. I walked over beside the sleeping Yuri and put a hand on her cheek.

     " I'm.. " I hesitated, staggering in place from the blood rushing from my head. " I'm here. " I heard Yuri give a sigh of relief and relax herself more onto the bed. I let my hands fall to my sides and staggered out of the room, closing the door gently behind me. As I walked down the stairs, I heard someone follow me down the last steps. I turned around tiredly. It was Sayori.

     " Monika, why a-are you up..? " Sayori was holding a pillow and then glancing at the kitchen table. 

     " My question is.. " I sighed as I said the words, unable to put two or more words together without feeling exhausted. " Why are you up? " Sayori quickly caught me before I fell off my feet.

    " Careful, Monika-. Come on, sit back down. " Sayori said quietly, setting me down on the couch and placing the pillow behind me. Sayori walked over to the kitchen and grabbed the blanket I must have thrown on the floor. " I woke up hearing you talking and then leaving the room. So, I brought you a pillow. "

    " Thank..you. " I said quietly, feeling myself growing tired. " I think I am going to rest a bit longer. " I curled up on the couch, Sayori placing the blanket over me and going back upstairs. I dozed off once again.

   I woke up to the sounds of casual talking at the kitchen table. I shook my head as I sat up, feeling like I was re positioned. I put my hand against my chest and felt that there was an ointment on my cut and the smell of jasmine filled the house. I shuddered and sat still.

  " You're awake. " Yuri sighed, getting to her feet and walking over to me with a distressed look, but she gave off a sense of relief. I glanced up at Yuri and saw her wince. " Your wound was infected so-I put some medication on it. " I nodded gently at Yuri and looked back at the freshly medicated wound. I furrowed my brow.

   " Thank you. " I said quietly, realizing my voice was barely audible. I rubbed my throat and spoke again, still as quiet. " How was your sleep? "

   " It was fine. " Yuri replied, sitting on the other edge of the couch. " I was just worried about you. " I smiled to myself slightly and put my hand on Yuri's knee.

   " Don't worry about me. " I said quietly. " You know, be tween dealing with a psychopathic girlfriend and an odd boy that seems to be able to screw with my mind, I have managed myself just fine. " With that reply, Yuri scrunched her nose and closed her book.

    " I can not confirm nor deny the title you have place ever so gently onto my name. " Yuri said with a hint of sarcasm. I relaxed against the pillow and smiled at the ceiling. It was quiet for a moment.

    " Hey Yuri, mind getting up and actually HELPING me? " Natsuki yelled from the kitchen, making me cringe slightly. Yuri rolled her eyes and gave me the ' And you put up with this shit? ' look before walking over to Natsuki. Today's a good day. I'm glad.