Chapter 27: " I Have Done this Before. "

(Yuri's POV)

    I walked down the stairs quietly until I knew I was out of Monika's audio range. I inhaled as I slammed the door to the kitchen open.

    " Natsuki you son of a bitch. " I hissed. Natsuki turned and glared at me with her hands on her hips.

    " I just stated that you hit me with a VASE. I mean, it's not that BAD just hurt like hell! " Natsuki yelled back at me and I lifted my hand, almost hitting her.

  " Shut your mouth! You'll wake her! " I whispered with a slight aggressive tone. This actually made the tiny pink puffball shut up. I am impressed. I stood up straight and looked over Natsuki, glancing at Sayori. She was fiddling with her fingers and rubbing her neck repeatedly. I walked over, hearing Natsuki give out an angry huff.

   " Oh! Um-Hi Yuri. " Sayori said quietly. She didn't look at me and it made me feel a pang of guilt. I put one hand on her shoulder and leaned next to her, crossing my arms.

   " You still feel it, don't you? " I asked, giving Sayori a sympathetic look. Sayori nodded and I uncrossed my arms, sighing. " I understand. Though, I didn't have to endure death. Monika did that for me. " I twitched slightly, saying that last sentence. Even Sayori gave me a saddened look.

   " I still can't believe you were able to do that. " Sayori whispered and looked in the direction of where Monika was. " I mean, you stabbed her. I could hear what she was saying. Does that not bother you..? " I shook my head, narrowing my eyes.

   " I have, to be honest, killed multiple people. I have heard them cry for their families, cry for mercy. Though, I will add...Monika was the only one that made me cry. " I sighed and rubbed my arm, tearing up. " It wasn't the fact that she was dying alone that got me, it was the fact she trusted me even after I stabbed her. " Sayori made a noise like she was holding back a sob and I awkwardly patted her back.

   " You're so weird. " Natsuki said, poking up next to me. " I can't believe she still actually loves you after you pull that creepy shit. "Natsuki set down her water bottle and began going through some of Monika's books she kept on the kitchen counter. Natsuki stumbled on a leather book that had pencil shavings on it. " Oh! What's this? " 

   " Don't! " I hissed, slamming my hands down on the book and slapping Natsuki across the face. I grabbed the book and held it to my chest protectively. " Don't ever touch it. EVER. " Natsuki flinched back and glared at me, I returned the glare. " This is very precious. I won't let your grimy fingers ruin it! " 

   " You're acting so dam weird! It's like you killed someone for gods sake! " Natsuki threw her hands in the air, both Sayori and I just stared at her. And stared. Then Natsuki finally got the point. " Oh-..OH. Oh-oh I am SO sorry! " Natsuki had this look of regret on her face as she stood frozen in her victory position. 

    Sigh. " This is why you don't need to be here right now, Natsuki. " I said, face palming slightly. Natsuki gave me a hurt look. " Oh don't you dare give me that look! " I said, waving my finger at her slightly. " You're like a child Monika drags around constantly! " And suddenly, as if on que, the bedroom door opened and Monika limped out.

   " I heard my name..? " Monika sighed and had a very quiet voice. She was as frail as she was when I first met her. It made me feel a softness enter my body. I quickly walked up the stairs and helped her down with every step.

   " Monika. How are you feeling..? " I asked, setting her down at the kitchen table. Sayori sat next to Monika and Natsuki leaned on the other end of the table. Monika paused for a minute.

   " My head hurts, but-I don't feel much worse than before. " Monika groaned, resting her head in her arms. I furrowed my brow at Natsuki. 'You better not have been the one who woke her up ' I mouthed to Natsuki. Natsuki flipped me off under the table and Sayori kicked Natsuki in the shin. Monika seemed oblivious to the commotion. 

    " HMMMPH. " Natsuki bit her lip and her face went red with anger. I made an ' X ' motion across my neck, signaling her to shut the hell up. Monika's eye looked at us individually.

   " Another feud? " Monika murmured as I quickly handed her a glass of water. I held one of Monika's hands tightly and noticed the various nail marks on Monika's neck and hands. I don't remember when I gave them to her, but it didn't matter at the time. She needs treatment, and her treatment comes first.

   " Yes! " Natsuki said.

   " NO. " I added with a hiss.

  " Possibly-? " Sayori shrugged. Monika gave us all a blank look and the room went quiet. Suddenly, Monika busted into laughter.

  "Ahahah-! You guys really make my day, you know! Sigh. Even after getting stabbed by your girlfriend and then her-..well never mind that. You guys are great. " Monika smiled, wiping away a tear from her face. I smiled and chuckled, Sayori giggled a little, but Natsuki looked pissed as all hell, making me laugh harder.

  " I guess that's our job, Monika. " Sayori said with a smile. Monika rested her head on the table, sighing and smiling.

   " Glad I have people like you guys to be around. " Monika said quietly, taking another sip of water. " You all really make my day. " Monika nuzzled her head into her arms and her breathing began to slow down as she fell asleep. I glanced up at the other girls and put my blanket on Monika's back.