Worried About You

"Astrid, my dear. Is everything alright?"

"Hm? What? Oh yes I-", Astrid said sighing and sitting on one of Valka's house chairs.

"Oh dear, I'm pretty sure that Hiccup is fine. He just went to a meeting." Valka said grabbing both of Astrid's hands.

"I- I think I just have a bad feeling that's all."

"Well, I think that you are just in love. You miss him every moment he is not with you and that's more than normal." Valka said smiling.

"Were you like that with Stoick?"

Valka sighed remembering the amazing moments she and Stoick shared together.

"To be the wife of the chief is hard. I remember when he used to go on this kind of meetings too. I missed him every moment until he was finally home. It was a cold feeling when he was not with me, but every time I saw him crossing this door my heart was filled with peace."

Astrid was shocked. She had never heard Valka talking like that before. She realized how hard it must be for Valka being apart from Stoick. The difference was that Astrid still had Hiccup by her side while Valka didn't have Stoick anymore.

"Valka I'm really sorry I-I didn't mean to-"

"Everything's okay my dear." Valka said sitting in front on her.

"I can't change what happened. I can only remember our good times together. I'm sure that he is always protecting us even if he is not here physically. I totally understand what it feels to be worried about the one you love but you just have to enjoy every moment that you are together."

Valka grabbed one of Astrid's cheeks.

"You two are perfect. He will be back soon. Come on, let's take a walk through the village until he arrives."

"That sounds right." Astrid said smiling.

She was planning to wait for him downstairs to surprise him but she fell asleep in one of their armchairs.

Hiccup entered their hut and smiled at the figure of his beautiful wife sleeping. He took her up carefully and started to walk slowly to their bedroom. He put Astrid on her side of their bed.

Hiccup was about to cover her when he felt her soft hands pressing his neck. She opened her eyes and hugged him like there was no tomorrow making Hiccup fell on top of her.

He could hear her beating heart and that made his heart jump in joy. He was now looking at her.

"You look so beautiful Astrid", Hiccup said.

She smiled before punching him.

"Ow! What was that for?"

"I was worried about you! I just missed you! I-"

"I just love you Astrid", Hiccup said before kissing her wife with tenderness. They both smiled through their kiss and Astrid couldn't be happier to have his husband only for her.

"I think I love you a little bit more."

"I'm not that sure", Hiccup said smirking.

"Well if you are not sure yet", she said biting her lip.

Hiccup couldn't resist anymore. He missed her too. He just needed to feel her, to kiss her, to show his wife how much he loved her. That night, they did everything but sleep.

Take care,
Anny 💫