A Walk To Remember

"When will they arrive?", Snotlout asked from the comfort of Hookfang's back.

"They should be here by now", Fishlegs said while fixing Meatlug's strap.

It was Berk's 400 year anniversary and for the facility of adult vikings, Hiccup and the gang offered themselves to entertain the little ones until the adults could finish preparing everything so the celebration could take place later.

A few minutes passed by and from the distance they saw Gobber walking where they were with a group of children behind him.

"So? What's on your mind?", Gobber asked now relieved. It was actually an act of courage to take care of those little berkians, especially the ones with an unstoppable energy.

"A peaceful walk into Berk's forest", Hiccup answered proud. They all noticed the kids not surprised faces so Astrid decided to make it more enjoyable.

"In our dragons so you can have a better view of the trees and nature while we discover new roads together", Astrid continued making all of the children stare at her, she definetely gained their attention.

"I never took you for an enthusiastic", Hiccup said raising an eyebrow at Astrid. She just smiled at Hiccup's gesture.

"I wanna go with her!", said a girl pointing out at Astrid. Astrid extended her hand so the girl could grab it and climb onto the back of Stormfly.

"Take care of them and don't lose anyone", Gobber said giving a pat on Hiccup's shoulder before leaving.

"Lose anyone? But how irresponsible does he think we are?", Tuffnut asked convinced he was holding the hand of one of the children without noticing the kid had already climbed on Belch's neck.

This made everyone laugh and Gobber just slapped his face from the distance. Each one of the kids looked particularly interested on each one of the dragons and their respective riders.

Hiccup and Astrid were at the front guiding everyone else when suddenly, Toothless started to sniff something, slowing down the rythm of their walk. He stopped abruptly making Stormfly, Meatlug, Barf, Belch and Hookfang stop as well.

Hiccup turned around to see Astrid and she nodded, understanding they needed to take a look.

- "Wanna take a look?", Hiccup said realizing he needed to be more cheerful if he really wanted to entertain the little ones. They all got really excited and it took the children a few seconds to get off the dragons.

All the gang took out their weapons in case their use was required.
They were walking cautiously and this time, Hiccup was the one who made everyone stop in a sudden.

"Did you hear that?", Hiccup asked in a whisper.

They all nodded in a sign of agreement. They continued walking almost in silence when a herd of mischievous Terrible Terrors flew off the bushes where the sound came from. This, made one of the kids who were behind Hiccup slip down the road but fortunately, Hiccup grabbed his hand before he could fall on one of the many holes that the rain left on Berk's forest. They all got really scared remembering Gobber's previous warning.

"Are you alright?", Hiccup asked while fixing the kid's clothes from the sudden movement.

"Yes! Thank you sir! You'll be a great daddy!", the kid said giggling a little bit. Hiccup's cheeks got red as tomatoes making everyone including the children laugh.

"What's wrong babe? You don't want to be a dada?", Astrid said smirking, she really wanted to tease him. Astrid have never talked first about having children and even less in public so Hiccup got really surprised.

"He wants! But only if you are the mother", the girl who followed Astrid the whole road said making her froze, without realizing the redden of her face.

They laughed even harder at Astrid's reaction and it was time for Hiccup to tease her. They were heading back to Berk so they could make the little ones actually have fun.

"But you know we could start practicing, don't you?", Hiccup asked in Astrid's ear, making her feel shivers through all her body. She hit his arm harder than usual.

"Auch!", Hiccup said indignant. Astrid smirked.

"I know", she said almost in a whisper before leaving Hiccup walking alone.

"Hey! You can't leave me like this!", Hiccup said before sighing. They headed again at Berk's center.

"So how was it?", Stoick asked.

"Chief, it was definitely a walk to remember", Ruffnut said looking at Hiccup and Astrid, making all, including Stoick, laugh once more.

Take care,
Anny💫