LOVE IS IN THE AIR

LOVE IS IN THE AIR

The banging on the door woke me up and I lazily stared at the watch. It was 7:00 in the morning. Ugh! God knows how much I've started to sleep. Ryan has given me the right name. 'SLEEPING BEAUTY'. Okay, my day started with Ryan's thought on my mind. Great! Only thinking about him makes me smile. I giggled as I again heard the pounding on the door. I untangled myself from the sheets and ran for the door. I swung it open, "HUNTERRR!!" I saw Dina shouting in front of Hunter's door. What's she doing here in the morning? "I'm not coming, Dina. Go away," I heard Hunter's voice from the other side of the door. "I'm not celebrating without you!" she yelled. Celebrate? What's going on? I heard the clicking of the door, "Don't you know I'm grounded?" a showered, dressed in a navy blue sando, jet black jeans and with messy but still perfect hair Hunter Reid came to my sight. His eyes dragged to mine and as he caught me gazing that stupid smirk occupied his mouth. "Like what you see?" he shoved his hands into the jeans pocket and leaned on the wall. Dina turned and smiled when she saw me, "Oh, hey Kiera. Did I wake you? I'm sorry, I was just trying to get this asshole out of his room," she smacked on Hunter's head and he just laughed. "It's okay," I mumbled even though I knew that she isn't gonna hear me because she was busy laughing with Hunter. And thank god I didn't have to answer Hunter's question. Dina to the rescue.

"... and besides Rose would never let me out," my mind wandered back to Hunter's voice. I don't know why I was even listening to their conversation. "You're coming no matter what" Dina ordered. "You just need someone to keep an eye on you, just for Rose's assurance," Dina said.

He chuckled, "And who exactly will do that job? Ryan? Not coming till I'm alive. Jason? Camilla? They both are kinda scared of me."

"Kiera will do," she swooned on her heels and smiled at me brightly. What? Has she gone nuts? I will keep an eye on Hunter Reid. The more I try to stay away from that bastard the more I have to roam around him.

"Sorry what?" I thought she was kidding.

"Actually... it's my birthday today and I've always celebrated with Hunter. I really want him to come. But as you know he's grounded, so can you please, please, please come with us just for Rose's assurance that he is not getting into trouble," wow, that girl said all of this in one breath. Why is she dying to have Hunter at her party?

"I don't get into trouble. It comes to me. You know it loves me," Hunter commented. "Shut up," Dina said. His stupid chuckle.

"Please, Kiera?" she was looking at me with those cloudy eyes. I hate this. I don't wanna ruin her birthday but I don't wanna spend time with Hunter either. Ugh! Enough reasons to ruin my morning!

"Fine," I agreed because I didn't want to ruin her day not because I wanted to be around Hunter.

"Really? Thanks," she jumped and hugged me tightly. "I'll talk to Rose and Hunter knows where to come so be ready at 10:00,"she pulled away, smiled and then she was gone.

"Can't believe you agreed," Hunter laughed.

"I don't wanna ruin her birthday. I'm not rude like some people," I was clearly pointing at him. He smiled and straightened his body, "Don't judge a book by its cover, Kiera," he quoted. Seriously? Now he's trying to prove he's sweet sassy and millasy? "By the way, thank you for what you did for Dina. It means a lot to me," and with that, he closed his door.

What just happened? Did Hunter Reid thank me? For Dina? Who is she to him anyway? His girlfriend? Maybe because that's why they both are laughing and cuddling all the time.

..........................................................................................................................

I was ready by 9:45. Rose did allow me to accompany Hunter. She just said to keep an eye on Hunter and call her if he does anything bad. I still can't believe I'm going. I hate parties. Since, I don't like parties, I wasn't dressed very cool too. I just had a black strapless top under a black shrug and black jeans plus black boots. Wooh! Girl in black. My hair falling down from my shoulders. When I opened my door, I found an already smiling Ryan.

He whistled "You look beautiful."

"Thanks," I closed the door.

"So, are you okay going with Hunter?" he stepped closer to me. "Uh... not exactly," I said. "You don't have to go if you don't want to," he stepped more closely. "It's okay. I'm going for Dina, not him," I said, placing my hands on my hips. He hummed.

"Have fun," he whispered and before I could say anything I felt his lips on mine. I felt my body shivered and I was numb for a moment. Seconds later I found that I still wasn't kissing him back. The kiss lacked something. The spark, the butterflies moving in my stomach, the pounding of heart. I didn't imagine my first kiss like this. Yes, my first kiss is with Ryan Maxwell. I opened my eyes just because I heard footsteps and I saw Hunter coming from the stairs. Before I could do anything, he caught us and that stupid smirk was on his mouth again. He cleared his throat and Ryan jolted back. He turned his head and his muscles clenched as he saw Hunter.

"Meet me downstairs when you're done," he was clearly trying to hide his smile. God, I'm gonna kill him. And then he marched back.

Ryan backed away from me, "Uh..." he scratched the back of his head, searching for words. "I'll see you later then," I didn't want to face him and have the talk with him after what happened. I ran for the stairs, "Kiera, wait..." I heard him calling me but I didn't turn back. A smile was already on my face and I bit my lip. Maybe I didn't kiss him back because it was my first kiss? Yes, that's definitely the reason.

When I was out on the pavement thinking about my first kiss, a shining, expensive black sports car came to my sight. I noticed Hunter was sitting on the driver's seat. He has his own car? Wow. Anyways, I settled into the passenger seat next to him and without a word he brought the car to life and started driving. He was still in his sando. Guess he's not a party animal either.

"Was your boyfriend okay with you coming with me?" he had to open his bloody mouth. "He's not my boyfriend," I snorted.

He chuckled, "Oh? So you just happen to kiss your every brand-new bff?"

"That kiss didn't meant anything, okay?" I didn't want to talk about that kiss, especially with Hunter.

"It did to him. He obviously has feelings for you," he looked at me with a crooked smile. That bastard was teasing me. "No, he doesn't!" I said but that came out as a shout.

"Love is in the air," he breathed, looking away from me.

"Shut up, Hunter," I said. He laughed at my irritation.

"Seems like you're jealous that Ryan kissed me," I... really don't know why I said that.

"Jealous? Seriously, Kiera? You kidding me?" he started giggling. Okay, I embarrassed myself. Great!

"If I wanted to kiss you I would have done that days ago. You know I had many chances," he said, his laugh converting into a sexy smile.

"I..." I gulped, "I would never let you kiss me," I said, finding my voice to be confident. "I hate you," I added.

He let an innate air out, his smile growing bigger, "Baby, you might say you hate me but we both know you think otherwise."

What? I stared blankly at Hunter. What has gotten into him today? First he thanked me and now he's telling me that I have feelings for him? He's not serious, is he?

"I would rather die than fall in love with you, Hunter," I said, laughing at him.

He didn't reply me, just kept smiling. What the hell was going on his mind?

"You don't know how wrong you are about that," he mumbled. He was very silent but still I heard him.

"I'm sorry, what?" I wanted him to repeat.

"Nothing..." he sighed.

****************************************************************

Favorite character so far?

Mine is HUNTER!

Don't forget to vote/comment/share/follow

I'm eager for its ending:)