EVERYTHING WAS A LIE, ALL THIS TIME

"What do you mean?" I choked on my words.

"Why do you even care?" she shouted. "Stop the car, Kellan," she added. But Kellan didn't stop. "Just stop the fucking car!" she yelled and immediately Kellan stopped the car beside a big tree.

Angrily, Dina opened the door and got herself out of the car. Sam went with her and they walked away into the woods.

"What did she mean?" I yelled at Kellan. I know it was wrong to yell at him but nobody was telling me the truth and were just blaming me for what was happening.

"She meant exactly what she said," he answered.

"Bu—How?"

"I'm sure you're not interested in hearing that story," with that, Kellan too got out of the car and walked away from me.

Wait, what?

I helped myself out of the car and ran after Kellan, who was way too far from me. He was walking very fast like he was chasing someone.

"Kellan, wait!" I called out but he didn't stop.

I kept walking through the big evergreen trees and kept calling Kellan but he just wouldn't stop! He did reply me once and told me to go home but I wasn't leaving until I get an explanation for Dina's statement.

"He's not picking up his goddamn phone," Dina's voice echoed into the forest. I looked around to see whether Dina was around somewhere but she was nowhere in sight. And when I turned around, Kellan had also disappeared.

Ugh, great!

I quickly ran in the direction where I had seen Kellan last time.

I ran, ran and ran and finally I saw Sam's back. I jumped through the log and landed in the ground with a thud such that everyone's eyes landed on me.

"Here she comes again," Dina said, irritated.

"I told you to leave, Kiera," Kellan said.

"I'm not leaving until you guys explain me what the hell is happening and why you said that," I tried to shout but couldn't because my throat was choked since I was crying.

"Why do you wanna know anything, anyway? Isn't this what you always wanted? Hunter out of your life or should I say... dead?" Dina yelled.

"Dina," Sam warned silently.

"I wanna know because..." and then I went silent.

I don't know myself why I wanted to know.

"Because...?" Dina asked.

"Because... I'm in love with him," I whispered. There, I accepted it. And it felt good after accepting that I had feelings for him.

"Well, guess what? So do I." Dina shouted.

Ouch. That didn't felt good.

"Dina," this time Kellan warned her.

"It's enough, Kellan. I can't stand here acting as the best friend and playing matchmaker here," she yelled. "I've been hiding my feelings for three years. Three fucking years! And now I'm not ready to lose him just because of her!" she pointed at me.

I knew it. I knew Dina loved him. How couldn't she? I've seen how Hunter is with her. How couldn't she fall for a guy like him?

"I know that. But Hunter wouldn't accept it," I whispered.

"He never knew I had feelings for him," Dina said.

"He did." Sam said. "He never accepted it because he knew that he cannot love you back like that," Sam added.