FLIPPED

FLIPPED

Maybe I didn't want him to leave...?

No! This can't be it. It's fantastic that he's leaving. I always wanted him away from me. Yes, away... everything will be perfect now. No more fights with Ryan. No more getting cozy with Hunter. And no more being claimed!

I again heard footsteps and saw Dina coming from the stairs with Hunter behind her. He had changed into a violet sando, jet black jeans and a black baseball cap resting on his messy hair with its hood turned back. While Dina was still in her dark green crop top and blue jeans.

"Hey, Kiera," she approached me, "Uhh... we're going for some sightseeing, wanna come?" she asked. I glanced at Hunter who wasn't even looking at me. "No, I'm fine. You guys can go," I thought it'd be better if I just say no because I didn't wanted to be near him after what had happened. "Come on, let's go. You're gonna get bore in here, alone," she made a pleading. "Please?" she added. She kept looking at me with those puppy eyes I couldn't ignore. "Okay, fine," I agreed. She gave me the widest smile I've ever seen and without saying anything, dragged me out of the house. I heard Hunter following us with a chuckle.

We settled into Dina's Bentley with Hunter on the driver's side, Dina on the passenger and me on the back. Hunter brought the engine to life and we were on the road.

The vibration of my phone broke the silence in the car and I quickly took it out to see who it was. Ryan.

"Hey," his amiable voice filled my ears. "Hey," I replied. "What are you doing?" he asked. I sure as hell can't tell him I was going out with Hunter. "I'm reading," I replied. "Reading what?" he again asked. "Twilight," I said. "Oh, okay," he sounded satisfied; "By the way, I called you to tell you that I'm coming back tomorrow. Rose said she'll be fine here alone so I go back to you," he completed. "Oh?" that came out of my mouth as a question rather than an exclamation. "You don't sound happy, Kiera. You don't want me to come?" suddenly his tone turned rude. Oh-oh. "No! No! I'm happy," I covered it up. "You should be. See you soon," without listening to my answer, he hung up the call. What the hell is wrong with him? And above all what the hell is wrong with me? Why can't I just tell him to stop talking to me like that? Who does he think he is? A Dictator?

"Who was it?" Dina's voice interrupted my thoughts. "Ryan," I replied. I saw Hunter smiling a ghostly smile from the rear mirror. "He's coming back tomorrow," I declared, especially for Hunter to know. "Happiness dies tomorrow!" Hunter said and he was clearly trying to hide his laugh. "Shut up," Dina smacked him on the shoulder. But he still kept laughing.

After a silent drive of more minutes, we finally stopped. When I was out of the car, I saw I was surrounded by woods. "Where are we?" that came out without thinking. "You'll know soon," Dina replied. "Kiera, just follow Hunter and I'll be with you guys in a second," she said. Wait, what? Before I could say anything, she hurriedly settled into her car and drove away. What the...? Did Hunter ask her to do that? So that he can be alone with me?

I guess not.

I looked at Hunter who motioned me with his head to walk with him. I silently started walking with him. The air got chiller as we went deep into the woods. His cologne was tickling into my nose and the worst part is I couldn't do anything about it. We walked and walked and I finally saw something familiar. The same house where I had seen Braden for the first time. Why did he bring me here? But I didn't say anything. I kept walking with him.

He opened the door for me like gentleman, which he isn't in person. I stepped inside and he closed the door behind us. I was alone with him in that house, again!

"Where did Dina go?" I turned to face him. He raised his left brow at me, "Why? Are you afraid of being alone with me?" he started taking little steps towards me. "No," I gulped and backed away from him. "I'm not gonna eat you, Kiera," he chuckled. "Well, you've killed someone before," the moment I said that, he froze in his place. Shit! He looked angry. He clenched his jaw and took off his cap and ran his hand through his messy hair while looking away from me. Why would I say that?! Every time?! "Look, Kiera," he faced me with an angry look, "if you hear a bad story about me, understand, there was a time I was good to those people too, but they won't tell you that part."