11: Proposition

Serenity

"My name is President Jax, this is my son Briac the Vice President." The older man in front of me began.

I was currently sitting in a chair before his desk, president Jax sat behind it while his son leaned against the wall watching me, analyzing a better word with his facial expression. Reading every breath, every spin of the thumb ring, every motion I did or didn't make seemed unsafe from his eyes.

President Jax looked to be in his forties or so, his grey hair perfectly styled with tattoos on his hands and I could see some coming up from his chest as the edges showed along his neck. He had a beard that was both black and white. I couldn't get a feel for him; he felt both cold and warm at the same. Warmth trying to make me at ease to talk honestly but cold being ready to put a bullet in my head if I said something wrong.

I attacked one of his men, if he was going to put a bullet in me should he have done it already?

Briac had longer hair than his father but was also styled with a short beard. Dam he is attractive, though to think about it all the men I have seen in here have been gifted by their genetics. He has been analyzing me the second the office doors closed. And I knew that he was reading me better than Hunter tried the other night. He may not have a kill you in second feel but he had a 'I know everything you are thinking' feel. That felt worse for some reason because that made him less predictable.

The office had an old feel to it with a thick dark oak wood desk with a wolf symbol carved into it, plus the book shelves that lined the wall behind it and to the right. There was a whisky tray to my right with a couple of glasses but I felt anxiety creep when I saw that there was a gun under the tray. How many were in this room? I have never held a gun before, the pepper spray and knife are as far as I was going to go.

"Hi, I'm Serenity but you already knew that..." I replied unsure. "I really am sorry about your man, I panicked." They both chuckled confusing me even more.

"Love it's alright, pepper spray may do the prospect some good, toughen him up." He opened a file on his desk keeping his eyes on me but I spotted the picture of me in it, "So my daughter says she's been talking to you about your study and your intentions." Intensions? So, the file is about me? The very thought terrified me, I had no idea what was it in and how it altered their perceptions of me.

"Intensions sir?" I was still so confused, I don't know what Clary said about my study or me and how it connects to the MC.

"Just Prez is fine love, intentions as in what you are trying to help the street girls with. Clarissa seems to believe that you may be one to help us with our plan to get rid the scum that wants to come in and take advantage of those girls." This was not what I was expecting, I know Clary had mentioned the possibility of the escort but for the President to actually ask me about it was not on the agenda today, or ever to be honest.

I couldn't help but furrow my brows. I looked to Briac who just smiled a little seeing my unease.

"Princess tends to rope people in without them knowing. I guess you say it's a family trait." Briac replied to me. "See Birdy," I gave him a look making him chuckle; guess that name isn't going away. "We have a plan to get rid of those new pimps who think they can come into the city but we need to make sure those girls are safe. Don't want them to get caught up in the crossfire which is why you are needed. Going over your notes it seems you have a relation with ones you have talked to, they possibly trust you."

"You want to use me to help your plan by talking to them?" I couldn't help my voice be small as I played with my thumb ring more.

Various scenarios were running through my head at what that meant; just because people say they are a good respected club doesn't mean that they are. How could I know if they had the right 'intensions' as the president worded it?