26: Slaughter

Serenity

Rolling over I couldn't help but groan at the existing hangover from last night. I nuzzled my head into Hunter's neck needing the closeness, feeling his arms wrap around my waist pulling me into him.

My gut started to feel heavy and tight, telling me that something bad was going to happen today. I shouldn't be surprised after what we found last night but I wasn't ready for anything to happen. But at the same time, I couldn't let this event go any further, Hunter's words of these things ending 'bloody' echoed in my head.

"I have a bad feeling about today." I mumbled to him, snuggling closer trying to get as close as I could hoping my gut was wrong.

"I do too." He said keeping his eyes shut and balling his fists tight.

"You okay?" He looked at me with an unreadable face but I knew what it was, "you're not back there, you're with me." I said softly kissing his cheek.

I felt his chest rise and fall as he took a deep breath, "I will always be there, fighting for control."

Sighing I didn't say anything, at this moment he didn't need me to say anything but be here. We laid like that for a couple minutes in the silence, when I looked back to him he still looked as if it was hard to maintain himself.

Crawling off of him I motioned to get out of the bed and headed down to the bar. Hunter was on edge from telling me what he had been through as a kid which is being fueled by his need to kill those men targeting his club.

He valued control just as I do and at the moment we didn't have it. Going downstairs would allow him to talk to the guys and start planning what they will do, give him command of his day. My gut twisted into more knots and I hoped caffeine would help the feeling.

"You look like you're in bad shape." I muttered to Hamlet whose head was laying on the bar with his eyes closed as Hunter headed over to where Spotter and Briac sat looking over documents.

It was them who are up at the moment. I expect everyone else to be getting up later than usual after the party last night and I bet there was an after party where they went back to being crazy motorcycle riders lasting well past 3am.

Hamlet grumbled incoherently, "Doc finally cut you off?" I asked with a chuckle taking his coffee cup since he didn't look like he would be able to manage to pick it up.

His head snapped up at that looking at me weird, "What do you mean?"

"Cut you off? From your adrenaline shit and getting hurt. What did you think I meant?" I looked at him trying to see what had him snap out of his hangover, he looked sick but there is something he is hiding.

"Nothing." He muttered as his head slammed on the counter making me cringe at the painful sound. "Nice turtleneck by the way, trying to hide something."

"Fuck off." I had woken up to plenty of marks on my neck thanks to an alpha male motorcycle rider who was all too happy about my lack of panties last night. He said it was the best way to forget everything that happened. "Be right back gotta get my period cup from my car for when it comes." I said to make up from his comment, laughing as he cringed, "Seriously? You boys beat the crap out of people and kill others but you can't handle a period?"

Shaking my head at him I headed out ignoring the incoherent muttering by Hamlet and walked to the doors of the clubhouse. The other men looking at me when they kept hearing Hamlet muttering, wondering what I said to get him to debate in his hungover state. I shrugged trying to look innocent but Spotter raised his eyebrow at me, not believing my smile.

Taking out my phone I checked the group messages between Princess and Doc seeing if I missed anything after heading back from the party or whether Princess had found anything about who had taken photos of me.