Chapter 24

Brooklyn's POV-

"The following people are now officially the new members of Dauntless." This causes an uproar from the existing members of Dauntless. I really hope May and I have done enough to stay. "Dead weight is cut today. If your name isn't called, well..., take a hint." Eric smiles evilly. "Four, grab the list." I am surprised Four follows Eric's commands without arguing. I start to fiddle around with my hands while waiting for the names to get called.

They take the list away, not showing us the final results of the landscape. I know for sure, I'm not ending up factionless. Maylyn though..., I don't want to doubt her but how can you not?

"First, newest member of Dauntless is..." stupid Eric and his suspense. "Uriah."

"Yeah, buddy." Uriah high-fives his older brother, Zeke.

"The Pedrad brothers are officially members of the most badass compound there is." Zeke exclaims.

I see Maylyn smiling and holding Zeke's other hand and instantly shot her a questioning look when she meets my gaze. Maylyn mouths, 'later'.

"You aren't that special." Eric mutters.

"Next two are Peter and Lynn. Then, there is Brooklyn." I sigh out a breath of relief. Four smiles subtly, this little, tiny display causes me to blush.

"There's the top four. Now for the other six. There is Christina, Hunter, Will, Marlene, Molly, and lastly someone we weren't sure would last..."

It had to be Maylyn.

~Before we get to that~

*Three hours earlier*

Four's POV-

Brooklyn knows my secret and now, I know hers.

I don't expect or see it coming that Brooklyn is Divergent. I haven't been paying much attention. I don't want Tris getting the wrong idea.

It was certainly a mistake leaving Tris for Brooklyn. I know nothing about Brooke. I just found out a big thing about her.

Being Divergent is dangerous, being Dauntless is also dangerous. Should I be concerned? Tris made it, surely, Brooklyn can too. Her twin however, she is falling short. Maylyn may have a wicked right arm throw with a knife and great timing with the fear landscape but come on, being a Dauntless member? She has as good as a chance as the Amity members. Hale has to go but I don't get to look at the list so either Hale stays or Maylyn stays. Eric is "dating" Hale, my bet is on Hale staying. If Brooklyn leaves with Maylyn..., maybe it's the best for this compound.

Brooklyn's POV-

"Hey Tris, before you punch my lights out, listen to me." I cautiously approach her.

"What?" Tris says curtly but with curiosity.

"I'm sorry for stealing Four-"

"I wouldn't count that as stealing, you barely had him for two seconds."

So much for being nice. "Look, I'm sorry I shouldn't have. I know it is stupid to mess with you and you could maybe, kick my ass. Tris, can we put this in the pass. I swear, I will stay away from Tob-Four." I almost slip up on Four's name, it probably went unnoticed.

"Tob? Why did you say that?" Oh not.

"I-I was about to say Tris. Sorry, it's a thing I do when I'm around people for a while."

"Lying isn't a great way of making friends." Tris points out.

Well then. "Wha-How do you know?"

"I've been dating Tobias for a year now, I know his real name. Question is, how do you know it?"

"He told me..., sort of." No more lies, I might as well come clean to her. Well, other than being Divergent, that can be in lock forever. "It was more of him and my brother talking and later on me forcing it out of him."

"We're good, Brooke."

"Oh good, I was starting to think you would hate me even more for sitting on your boyfriend."

"You sat on him?" Tris exclaims with a laugh at the end.

Did I leave that part out?

"I wanted to know so I tripped him and then sat on him." Because that doesn't sound two year oldish at all!

Tris chuckles and shakes her head. "Spoken like a true Dauntless member."

"If I don't get the boot."

"Seriously? You have it in the bag. Aren't you from Erudite, do some statistics and then tell me you will get the boot."

I do think about and I am not worry for me, I'm terrified for Maylyn. She has been getting really high scores with her fear landscape but is it enough?

"Thanks Tris, I'll talk to you later?" I question.

"Sure." With that I walk away to hunt down a certain someone.