Chapter 22

2 weeks later .....

Juri

Kiari and I were standing outside of our building watching the firefighters put out the roaring flames. We had got the call from Jasper's uncle; a police officer who responded to our alarms going off in the building. When he arrived not even 5 minutes after the call the entire building was up in flames.

"Who the fuck would do this shit" I asked as I paced the sidewalk back and forth. I was furious.

"I don't fucking know but whoever it is gotta die, simple" she replied

"EXACTLY! Not only do we have to replace the building but all the shit we had inside! People's products! You know how much money we finna have to dish out!" I said as I pounded my fist into the palm of my hands.

"I'll call my tech guy, we will view the cameras on the street lights to see what happened. We will also go to the bank and have them write up checks for every company to replace their products." Kiari replied calmly.

I'm surprised she wasn't losing her shit by now considering the fact that shit has been happening randomly for months now.

It all started with ole girl at Flying Biscuit, then her flat tires, random packages popping up at her house, and her feeling like she was being watched. Just all kinds of shit.

"How are you so calm?" I asked watching Kiari as she seemed to be in deep thought.

"I'm just replaying all this shit in my head, all this weird shit didn't start happening until I started fucking with Jasper ass. I'm finna find out what's really going on" she said as she walked towards her car.

"You don't think he got anything to do with this do you?" I asked in disbelief. I honestly don't think he could ever hurt Kiari. She was definitely jumping the gun.

"Ion know man" she said sighing deeply. "He just seems to good to be true."

"I honestly don't think he would ever do anything to hurt you" I stated honestly. "Something's telling me this all has something to do with ole girl from Flying Biscuit a few months ago"

"But for what, I don't even know that bitch, I never seen her before that day. Why would she have beef with me?"

Just then Jasper's uncle walked over to us. "So they got the fire out but the inside is completely burned, nothing could be saved" he stated

"That's cool, y'all know how it started?" Kiari asked

"It seems as if there was an accelerant, meaning it was definitely intentional. I see you have cameras up there you wanna take a look at them?" He replied pointing to the street lights.

"Yes we have a guy, thank you" I replied smiling.

"Ain't a problem. We family at this point." he said shrugging. "My nephew said give him a call Ms. Kiari"

"Yes sir" she replied smiling.

"Okay you ladies have a good day, call me if y'all ever need me" He said as he gave us both a hug and walked to his car.

"Come on let's go to the hookah lounge, I need a drink." Kiari said as we both got into our cars.

Kiari