Chapter 40

Kiari

Toya's baby shower ran smoother than I anticipated. My family came through for her as always. My mother is basically like LaToya's God mother.

As a little girl she stayed down the hall from us in our apartments. Her mom use to leave her and her sister home for days at a time. She would leave them with no food, sometimes no water, even lights.

One day my mom and I saw her walking the streets; she had to be like 4 years old. When we asked her where she was going she lowered her head and spoke softly; "looking for mommy and sister."

Even at 9 years old I felt bad for her, so I asked my mom could she stay the night. She didn't give it a second thought, I hopped out of the car and grabbed her hand softly guiding her to the car.

"Mommy says stranger danger" she said as she pulled away from me backing away.

"I promise I won't hurt you, we live right down the hall from you" I spoke pointing towards our apartment building.

She hesitated, "promise?" she asked holding her small pinky out.

I held mine out also and wrapped it around hers "I promise. I promise to always protect you for as long as I live."

Although I know she was to young to understand, she smiled. We got into the car and went home. It was an ENTIRE week before word got around that her mom was looking for her. Even her sister didn't notice she was gone; she was to busy out partying with her friends.

More than 15 years later, I've kept that promise, she's the little sister I always wanted. "Bae you straight" Jasper asked as he sat next to me.

"Yeah I'm good just thinking"

"About what , anything you wanna talk about?" He asked wrapping his arms around me, kissing my cheek.

"No baby it's nothing major. I was just thinking about when I first met Toya. She has truly came a long way. I feel like a proud big sister." I said dramatically sniffing.

Chuckling he said; "you so damn dramatic"

"Whatever, can y'all get these gifts and put them in the cars so we can make one trip while the girls and I start cleaning up?"

"Sure thing ma" he kissed my lips and went to get the guys.

About 30 minutes later we had all the decorations cleared, all we had to do was have the guys put the chairs and tables up. After realizing it took them way to long to come back inside we walked outside.

Once I got outside my blood immediately began to boil. I watched as she stood there talking. I didn't even care what she had to say, shawty had some nerve popping up here. How she even figure out where the fuck we was at?

Jurianna sped walked past me mumbling to herself, as Mani and I stood there processing the scene before us. With a quickness she reached out and slapped him.

"Oh no the fuck she didn't" I ran full speed, before I knew it I was lounging mid air to rock her shit. Jasper grabbed me out the air and bear hugged me. "Nigga let me the fuck go" I hissed, squirming to loosen his grasp.

Two shots rang out and Jaslyn's body hit the ground. I looked around Jasper to see Imani standing there breathing hard as she placed her gun back in her pants.

*******************************

Omniscient

"IMANI WHAT THE FUCK" Jason grabbed her roughly pushing her back into the building.