Chapter 24

Kiari

I slowly opened my eyes not really remembering where I was or what happened. I scanned the room and soon realized that I was in the hospital. The sight before me made my heart warm; I just knew they all gave these people hell about me.

Looking to my left there was Jasper reclined in a side chair with this feet kicked up and head nodding off to the side, in front of me on a small couch was Tango and Juri snuggled into each other, and on the right of me Toya was sleep in another hospital bed with Luckie.

I begin to cough because my throat was so dry from being out for God knows how long. Immediately Luckie and Jasper shot their heads up to look at me. Jasper grabbed the cup of water that sat next to me and placed it to my lips.

"Banana head! What's up how you feeling" Luckie said rising out of the bed and laying Toya's head on the pillow.

"Hey bro, how long I been out?"

"Bout 12 hours, not that long" he replied as he walked over to me and grabbed my hand.

"I love you sis, I don't know what I would've done if you didn't make it" he said

"Sshhiitt yo ass would've blown the entire Atlanta up the way you was going crazy!" Jasper said chuckling.

I turned my head to him. "Hey baby" I said with a small smile. I was so happy that his face was the first face I got to see.

"Hey beautiful, I'm so so sorry" he said kissing my face

"Sorry for what baby, you didn't do this" I said with a confused look.

He was about to speak when Juri jumped up; "I knew I wasn't dreaming ! RI ! How you feeling cousin?" she ran over to the bedside scaring the hell out of Tango.

"Ri ! What's up cuz" Tango said stretching.

"Hey guise, y'all all stayed here the entire time?"

"Hell yea" they all said in unison.

"They tried to tell us we couldn't all stay, but you know we wasn't going for that" Jasper shrugged.

"I'm gonna go get the doctor" Juri said exiting the room.

Just then Debo and Strap walked in. "Ccuuzz ! " De smiled as he walked over and kissed my forehead. "I'm sorry I wasn't there for you man" he said with sad eyes.

"Nigga you was sick, what was you gonna do throw up on them?" I said giggling.

He nodded his head in understanding, he knew right then that I wasn't mad. I looked over at Strap.

"Hey Strap"

"What's up sis" Everyone's eyes shot to him. That was their first time every hearing him talk.

"How's mama?" I asked him.

He shrugged, "she aight, she told me to tell you she love you"

I smiled; "tell her I love her more and I miss her cooking." He nodded.

"Speaking of food, can somebody go get me some pplleeaassee" I said batting my eyelashes, my stomach was literally touching my back.

"Yea sis I got you, what you want?" Luckie asked.

"Some oxtails, collard green, and macaroni" I said as my mouth watered.

Everybody chuckled; " wwhhaatt" I asked

"Ya fat ass" Jasper said kissing my lips.

Just then the doctor walked in. "Ms. Smith how are you feeling?"

"I'm feeling fine, thank you"

"That's good, we will run some test, if everything looks good we will allow you to go home tomorrow morning" she replied.

"Okay thank you"

She checked my vitals and the machines I was hooked up to. Smiling she said; "everything on the surface looks good, we will do a X-ray to be sure that the internal bleeding has stopped and everything looks good."

"Okay that's sounds good" I replied.

*******************

Jasper

I was trying to figure out how to tell Kiari that all this that happened was my fault. I should've just killed the bitch the morning she popped up at my house.

Apart of me was scared that she would leave me. "Aye y'all could I have some time to talk to Ri real fast?" I asked Juri and Toya.

"Sure" they said and left out of the room.

I watched her as she ate her food. I knew her fat ass was in heaven, she loved food and it showed.

She turned to look at me; "what's wrong, why are you looking like that?"

I moved closer to her, "I was trying to tell you earlier about how this was my fault"

She furrowed her eyebrows, "How was anything your fault if you weren't there?"

"It's not my fault directly, my ex; her name is Keasia, she did this." I said averting my eyes from her.

"What are you trying to say? You been fucking with her or some? Why would she do anything to me?" She asked sitting her food down on the table.

"Na Na, that's the problem. I wouldn't fuck with her so she called herself trying ruin my life" I could see her visually putting the pieces together.

"So she's the one that's been fucking with my shit" she said as her heart rate increased and the monitor begin to beep faster.

"Calm down, you gonna make the mach-"

"FUCK THIS MACHINE" she raised her voice

I had never seen her mad or heard her raise her voice so I didn't know how to respond. Juri and Toya immediately walked into the room.

"What's going on?" Juri said.

"I told you ! I told you this was because of his ass !" she replied pointing at me while looking at Juri.

That shit broke my heart to know that she doubted me. I could never hurt her. She's literally my life.

"Ri , he didn't know she was doing this, you can't blame him" Juri said walking over to her and grabbing her hand.

Sighing she said; "I know"

"I'm sorry Jas" she said in a small voice

"Na ma, I'm sorry" I said coming back to her side. "We handled it though, we got her somewhere until we know what you wanna do"

She smiled; "I knew y'all loved me"

We laughed; "Yes beautiful, we do love you"

She eyed me; "You wh-what?"

"I love you Kiari, if I didn't know it before I definitely know it now" I replied kissing her deeply.

________________________

Author's 📝

Sorry for the delay 😫

They have finally professed their love for one another , what y'all think 🤔

I wonder what Ri have planned for sis!

Show love too MarshaaBlount story !

As always; THANK YOU 🙏🏽 THANK YOU 🙏🏽 THANK YOU 🙏🏽

COMMENT ,  VOTE , & SHARE 💚