beautiful time

A/N I feel this chapter is a little rushed but eh I don't want it to drag on too long so yh

A few months later, into late November, Haechan was doing way better than he expected. Through the months he had been improving ever so slightly, every single day. Even on breaks, where you should use time for resting, Haechan felt the need to study a little more.

As for Haechan's composition, he perfected the melody and sent a whole demo to Mark who could have a listen. Upon listening to it, Mark immediately fell in love with Haechan's voice. It was as sweet as honey with a slight coarseness to it. Haechan then asked him to create a rap in the second verse as there was nothing there that he could compose himself.

Then one day he gathered everyone in the recording studio in his house to record. He had already worked out the line distribution and what he was looking for in the song. First up it was Renjun.

"Okay Renjun, fire away!" Haechan pressed play on the music and waited for him to sing.

Renjun was timid at first but then shook off the nerves as he sung, "Gieoknani nega johahaessdon geu got,  jaemi sama namgin nagsoga ajikdo~"

Haechan then turned the music off and applauded. "That was great! Now sing your next bit!"

The rest of the recording session took hours, upon hours, upon hours. It took almost up to 1am to finish the recordings and nearing the end of the session, only Mark and Haechan remained. Mark was currently recording Haechan's parts and pretty ad-libs when he realised he got a text from Heejin a few hours ago that he didn't see. He shrugged it off thinking it was nothing personal.

"You've just got that high note at the end to nail. I've heard it once and I'm sure you'll be able to nail it again!" Pressing play, Mark listened in to Haechan's voice. It gave him shivers down his spine. But, he didn't feel weird. He only liked his voice.

Taking a deep breath, Haechan took off the headphones and sighed. "That was great. I haven't sung like that in a looooong time."

"What do you mean?"

"Well," He explained, "ever since Heej- I um this person cheated on me, I never embraced music as much as I should have. It's only now that I really felt the music whilst I was singing it."

"Wow... I'm glad to have experienced that then... Wanna listen to the final product?" Smiling, Mark patted to a seat beside him and watched as the younger shuffled out the recording studio. It was so weird how someone who acts like an over-dramatic teenager can also act like an adorable fluff ball.

Haechan sat in his chair, tense. Timidly, he pressed play and then listened to it from the beginning. Everything then unfolded at once. The amazing background music and the god-like vocals. It was everything Haechan wanted.

'Urieui beautiful time~ All right~'

Softly, Mark nudged Haechan's arm. "You're so good at singing! I mean, just listen to that note!"

They held their breath as they listened to the bridge. Then they smiled as Haechan reached that note. It was beautiful. Everything was beautiful. Haechan felt satisfied with the product and everything that went into it.

Eventually, the music stopped and their was a pause of silence. Haechan was just smiling, Mark was looking at Haechan. "So, do you like it?"

Haechan was still smiling like hell. "I never thought that my sappy lyrics could make something this good... Th-thank you!"

Almost by instinct, he hugged Mark in a heartfelt hug. Little did Mark know, but Haechan wrote this song to sing for Heejin's and his 100th day anniversary but then she... It hit close to his heart whenever he heard or thought of this song.

Mark could do nothing but accept the embrace, so he did, resting his head on Haechan's shoulder. He paused for a minute and could hear faint sniffles from the younger he was hugging. Feeling concerned he asked, "hey, are you crying?"

"Just shut up," Haechan softly cried as he hugged Mark. Eventually, he pulled away signalling for Mark to leave. "You can leave if you want. I need some time alone."

"Oh, okay. Goodbye," Mark greeted as he left the room with all his stuff. Haechan then saw him leave and immediately broke into a waterfall of tears. Hearing the song made Haechan feel a wave of emotions that he never usually felt. He always kept this humorous facade in front of all his emotional feelings that he never paid attention to them. It just reminded him that harsh feeling of heart break.

And just as much as Heejin never got over Haechan, Haechan never really got over Heejin.

***

Mark only lived a 15 minute drive from Haechan's house. The text he got from Heejin said that she was going to stay over for the night but Mark knew she had keys to his apartment so it wasn't a problem.

Ever since Mark got the tutoring job, he managed to get enough money to get a new apartment which meant he had just moved into it. He managed to move everything on the first day of the move in so it wasn't a problem that Heejin wanted to come over.

Heejin felt the opposite. She was deeply angry that Mark had waited out so long to see her so she stood angrily outside his apartment to lecture him. Then as he approached her, she dragged him inside and slammed the door.

"How could you do this to me! First you ignore my texts and then you just forget about me? We've been dating for more than 100 days!" Heejin yelled, Mark suddenly feeling bad about staying out for so long.

"I didn't m-mean to make you feel bad... I-It's just that I-"

"No buts! You come here when I tell you to, understood?" Heejin scolded.

Not hesitating, Mark agreed innocently. "Yes, Ji."
______________________

A/N y'all may not feel it but I'm feeling the hEAT rising. It's getting way hot in here like whEW. It's all gonna get heated from here now. There's gonna be so much drama I don't even know if I'm ever going to come out this book alive :")

K Bye Xx