last moments

A/N haha cringe. Short chapter warning, and sorry for like not updating for a week oof. There are like 3 more chapters after this so I guess it's okay? No? Meh. And this is such a bad chapter I cant believe myself ugh.

Haechan had gone all out for this meet up. Since his mother was away - again - he rearranged the couches so it was facing the TV and right behind the table, overloaded with precious snacks, not to mention 3 large pizzas and 3 bottles of soft drinks. Surely, Haechan knew they weren't going to finish all of this food so later on in the day, he was going to invite the other five for a mini house party. Perfect.

Mark said he was going to arrive in half an hour so that gave Haechan not a lot of time to shower, get dressed and look presentable. He took precisely ten minutes to quickly clean himself and slightly longer to dry and style his hair. Whilst getting dressed, he picked out black jeans and a breathable white jumper, highlighting the sharpness of his collar bones. Just as he finished, Mark was already at the door.

Running, Haechan stumbled to the door and opened it to see him. He was grinning from ear to ear, wearing a red, yellow and blue polo, light denim jeans and white converse. Despite the minimalistic choice of clothing, the opposing two couldn't resist gawking at each other and accepted the fact the other looked absolutely gorgeous.

After a moment of comfortable silence, Mark scratched the back of his neck and smiled to himself. "Um hi... You look-"

"Yeah, you look great too."

Another silence followed.

"Should I uh go..."

"Yeah, come on in."

The two walked in together and sat on the couch. Immediately, was Mark overwhelmed by the scent of food, filling his nostrils. On the TV was netflix, already up. It seemed to Mark that Haechan was prepared for this.

"Have as much food as you want. Im not gonna stop or judge you on how much or how little you eat," Haechan stated, opening the search bar on the screen. "I've got a movie in mind, but I'm all ears to what you wanna watch."

"I-" Mark, not being able to handle the bombarding of questions, improvised, "Whatever you want is fine with me."

Chuckling, Haechan smirked as if he knew he'd get his way. Into the search bar, he typed in some letters, painfully slowly. Mark began to feel as if he could finish all the food in the amount of time it took Haechan to write the title. Maybe he wasn't as prepared as he thought.

"Can't you just tell me so I can type it for you?"

"No! I want it to be a surprise."

Haechan persevered until he finally saw the movie he was hoping to find. As he clicked on the film, out came a poster of the first MCU spiderman movie: homecoming. It was possibly one of the best and most relatable of all the MCU movies released.

Mark almost screeched as the movie began. "HOLY- This movie is LITERALLY AMAZING."

"I knew you'd say that. I might plan for us to watch far from home when it comes out. You up?" Haechan smiled. The elder knew he couldn't but shrugged it off anyway.

"Sure."

The movie played on without interruptions. However, midway through the movie, Mark took an extended glance at the younger who was entranced by Spiderman breaking into the Washington monument. He budged slightly closer to him and exhaled slowly, his hand gently landing around Haechan's shoulders. As he did, the boy tensed up but immediately became comfortable. They stayed like this for a while until they each caught each other staring into each others eyes. The urge to just fuck everything and make out was insanely high. Sweat dropped down their foreheads as the gap between them shrunk little by little. Before they could kiss, Haechan placed a finger on the opposing ones lips.

"Wait... What are we exactly?"

"What do you mean?"

"Well, are we friends? Something more? I'm getting mixed messages from you."

"To be honest, I'm not sure myself."

There was awkward silence between them for a few seconds. In the background, the movie played a certain line, audible to Mark's ears.

"This is your chance, Peter... Kiss her."

As the heat rose again, the gap between them closed and their lips connected in a soft kiss. Neither of them knew what they were doing which lead to pulling away quicker than expected. Nevertheless, the kiss was sweet and meaningful, Mark already regretting his life decisions.

Haechan panted as he placed a hand on Mark's rising chest. "Okay. Wow. I um... Didn't expect that."

"I'd say the same but I'm a little dazed as of now," Smiling, Mark exhaled, running a hand through his hair.

The two sat speechless with the audio of the movie in the background. In that moment, Mark felt dangerous. He wanted to just fuck all and let this boy know how he felt.

So he did.

In the second wind, Mark crashed his lips on the younger, biting his lower lip. Surprised, Haechan let out a slight moan and leaned into the kiss. He felt Mark's tongue explore every inch of his mouth and couldn't resist running his hands through Mark's soft locks. Mid session, the front door unlocked and in came 5 eager boys running into the house.

"PIZZA PARTYYYYY!"

"WOOOOOO MARVEL MOVIES!!!"

"BITCH YOU ATE ALL THE PRINGLES!"

"Jaemin, please don't eat without me!"

"Did literally NO ONE ELSE SEE THEM KI- I give up on life."

Seeing the boys barge in, Mark and Haechan separated immediately, breathless and messy haired. They only stopped just as they were coming in so it was pretty impossible how only 1/5 noticed.

"Can we watch far from home?"

"Lele it hasn't come out yet!"

"I'm just mad y'all didn't bother to make any coffee. I FEEL DEPRIVED."

"Deprived off of coffee, yes. Deprived of my love, never."

"jENO YOU CHEESY FU-"

"OKAY. Okay," Haechan interrupted. "We'll watch um... Guardians of the galaxy?"

Gradually, the other six seemed happy with the choice of the movie and began watching. They managed to watch movies all night, having fun and surprisingly not finishing all the food at the start. They watched so many movies that Renjun didn't even get a word in about what he saw the pesky "couple" doing. He decided to just shrug it all off and ask another time.

At around 4am, after finishing both Mulan movies, they started packijg up to go home. Most of them had already gone which left Mark and Haechan alone again. Mark was just about to pack to leave before Haechan tugged on the elder's arm.

"Stay the night?"

"I..." Hesitant, Mark tried resisting which only ended up in him accepting the inevitable, "why not?"

For the rest of the night, or preferably morning, they slept in the same bed, snuggling each other. Mark knew very well these were his last moments with Haechan and he believed he had done a lot to make the most of this last get together. He was going to miss every part of this.

It was such a dick move of him to apply for a job that needed him to work shifts that weren't so malleable with his outside life. But he had already applied, and there was nothing left that he could do.

The next morning, he'd have to leave for his first late shift. No more dance practices late in the night, no more tutoring for little ol' Haechan and no more coping with the crazy lives lived by the other 6.

He should have done more to maximise his time.

He should have done more to let Haechan know he was loved.

He should have never gotten so attached to a temporary group of friends.

But fate was where his heart led him, even though it was pointing him in a dangerously wrong direction...