Alone And In Love // John Murphy

Part of my 5K Special!!!

John and Y/N are about to go into cryosleep, and they're the last people awake. They're terrified of waiting so long to see each other, so while they're alone they make the most of the last few hours they have to see each other before having to sleep for years.
_____________________________

Y/N watched as John hit the last cryosleep button before they had to join everyone, fear built up in her heart as she saw him turn around.

"Would you like to go first Y/N?"

She silently shook her head no, and walked up to him.

"No one knows when we'll wake back up."

John nodded his head.

"It could be centuries, eras, eons, it could be forever, or maybe we never will wake up."

John grabbed her hands, rubbing his thumbs up and down her fingers.

"That's not true, we'll wake up, and it'll feel like seconds instead of years. Don't worry about this. We're safe right now."

Y/N laid her head on his chest, placing her hands under the back of his shirt and tracing shapes and words into his skin.

"I don't think I can go that long without you."

Y/N moved her arms around his neck, smiling as John placed his hands on her hips.

"You spent years without me, a few more wont hurt. Distance makes the heart grow fonder. You'll just love me even more when you wake up."

As the two lovers slowly danced around the cryosleep chambers, they joined their lips together.

All of the worry flew away from their minds as time went by. They held onto each other like any loss of touch would cause an immediate death.

"I love you, John."

"I love you more, and I'll continue to love you for every single second of every year of every century that we're asleep, and when we wake up I promise the first thing I'll do when we wake up is remind you that I love you."

"Do you think you'll forget me?"

John shook his head no and placed another kiss on her head.

"We should head to sleep, we have a long nap ahead of us, and both of us could use the rest."

________________________________

Cute short John imagine 😊