Eight

Liam hasn't spoken for what seems like hours. He just kept watching the colors of the sky change. Our hands stay connected, laying on my lap; his fingers laced between mine. I rub the back of his hand, with the palm of my thumb. Letting him know that I'm there for him.

Liam lowers his head, as he removes his hand. He rests his elbows on his legs, as he lays his head against his palms. I scoot closer to him, feeling the need to comfort him, to show Liam that he's not alone. I placed a hand on his back and lay my head against his shoulder.

"You don't have to explain yourself if you don't feel ready to," I whisper to Liam. I look ahead, admiring the sunset behind the buildings in front of us. I have to admit it is amazing up here. I wonder how he found this place, and why he decided to share it with me.

"As I said before, we're the same," I hear him break the silence. "I have a dark past, I'm not fully ready to tell as well." I watch Liam lift his head back up. "I have walls build up high as you do. Neither of us wants to let people break them down." He adds.

Part of me understood what he said, but another part is so utterly confused. "How are you so sure, that we're so alike?" I question him, as lift my head to look at him.

"I can tell when someone else is so damaged, like me." Liam looks at me as he answers. "You might try your hardest to keep it hidden, but I can see it in your eyes." He reaches up to caress my cheek. "And I can see through your phony smile." He adds.

I lower my head and turn back to the sky. "Conor doesn't know, does he?" He asks in a soft tone.

"No, he knows a tiny part of it." I honestly answer. I glance over at him, just to see him frowning as the words left my mouth. Maybe I'm possibly seeing things because there no way he would be upset about that.

"Can I ask you something?" He looks over at me.

"Only if I can ask something, as well," I tell him.

"What's October 7th?" Why did I know he was going to ask that. I took a deep breath, as I closed my eyes. Instead of answering, I decided to act like it was nothing.

"What makes you think it's something?" I look at him.

"If it were nothing, you wouldn't of walk out of the house when it was mention." Liam points out.

I look at the colorful sky, feeling the grief coming as the words escape, "It's the day my father passed away." I quietly say. "Before you ask, Conor only knows that my father is no longer alive. He doesn't know it happen on October 7th." I tell him as I blink away my tears and messing with the sleeve of my jacket.

"Why doesn't he know?"

"He didn't ask. I don't even think he noticed how I reacted when the day was mention." I answered. "I haven't even seen or heard from him since he dropped me off at my dorm." I continued.

"Not surprised." I hear Liam mutter to himself.

"What?" I look over at him, confused why he said that.

"Nothing, are you going to ask your question?" He raises a brow at me.

"Oh, um yeah." I bite the inside of my lip, debating if I should ask why he was at Conor's place or why he brought me here. Maybe the first one would be too personal or ruin how tonight going, so I decided against it. "Why did you bring me here?" I ask softly.

"It's a good place to escape to." He tells me. "I think it's time for me to take you back to your dorm." He adds as he gets up.

I didn't bother saying anything, I just nodded my head and take his hand, so he can help me off the concrete stomp. Even though we didn't actually talk about what was bothering me, it was nice that he dragged me out here so I wouldn't be alone moping in my bed.

Liam slowly changing the way I thought of him, he doesn't seem like the bad guy to stay clear of. He still a mystery but the mystery I want to figure out.