Forty-Four

"Thank you for the lovely date, Liam," I turn to face him when we make it to my dorm. He leans down towards me connecting our lips, moving them slowly in sync. Butterflies erupt in the pit of my stomach.

    Liam pulls away, resting his temple against mine, running his thumb along my cheek. "You're welcome," He kisses my temple before taking a step back. "Goodnight Chlo," He smiles at me while walking away. I turn around to unlock my door just to be met with four eyes looking right at me.

    I raise my hand signaling no talking, while I hang my bag up. "No question bombing," I state. "Let me settle in and you each can take turns asking whatever is floating around in your guys head." I slide my shoes off before walking over to sit on my bed.

    "Why did you leave in the middle of the night and didn't tell us where you were going?" Maria asks the first of many questions.

    I answered everything they asked me, told them how confused I was and that I took a bus to my father's grave because I needed air. I needed to let everything that was suffocating me out in the open to figuring out my thoughts. How I was confused about my feelings towards Conor and Liam. Then afterward Liam came and found me, took me to my mother's. Told them about how Liam took me out for breakfast and later helped me cook dinner for my mom. I even told them how Liam and I jammed out to Nsync on the way back. Ending on telling them about my date.

    "Wow," Ava finally lets out after hearing me blab about every single detail.

    "All this in just two days," Maria breaks her silence.

    "Yeah, it's crazy," I add. "I'm still a little fuzzy about it but this feels so much more real than how I felt with Conor." I look directly into Ava's eyes. "I'm so sorry that I didn't believe you when you warned me about him."

    She gets up off her bed and sits beside me. "Hey, it's okay," She wraps her arm around my waist pulling me into a side hug. "It's just a chapter into your life that had to be written into your story. Plus it brought you closer to Liam."

    "I always told you Liam was smitten about you," Maria winks at me causing us to laugh a little.

    I remove myself from Ava's arms, reach into the drawer of my nightstand to grab a hold of my laptop. "Now that I told you what you wanted to hear, please leave me alone because it is now November and I need to get this essay done Mr.Fuchs assigned us at the beginning of the semester." I situated myself on my bed to be comfy as I get to work.

    Ava gives me a weird look before opening her mouth, "I thought you finished that month ago?"

    "I did but it's not accurate now because everything changed." She nods her head before getting off my bed walking towards our door. "Where are you going?"

    "Gonna go pick us up pizza," She answers before exiting.

    I look towards Maria to see her smiling at her phone. "When are you going back to school?" I ask her, not bothering to ask what she is smiling about since I know it's a boy.

    She shrugs her shoulders, "Honestly, I don't know. I'm thinking about transferring here."

    "It's close to the end of the term, you know it's too late to do that. You're going to have to go back and finish your classes, talk to whoever you need to talk to transfer over here next term."

    "I know Chloe, just that I don't want to go back there," Her smile deflates causing me to worry.

    "Maria, why don't you want to go back? Did something happen there?"

    "I don't want to talk about it,"  She gets off Ava's bed, grabs her bag before going to the bathroom. "I'm gonna take a shower before Ava comes back."

    "Okay," Not bothering to try to get it out of her. Maria is hard-headed when it comes to certain things and one of those things is something bad happened to her. She doesn't want people to worry about her, so she always keeps those stuff to herself and tries to handle it without people knowing.

    I always find out eventually, most times it's when she finally gots it under control or can't bear to keep it all in. My eyes avert to something lighting up on Ava's bed, I get and go check it out just to see it's Maria's phone.

Drew: I'm sorry that happened to you, I promise when you come here that I won't let anything like that happen to you again.

    The text said on Maria's screen.

~~~~~~~~

Follow me:

Twitter~ AudreaLife

Instagram~ AudreasLife

Facebook Page~ AuthorAudreaCraig