Thirty

There is no way I have feelings for Liam, Maria has to be wrong. I know she has never been wrong before but this time she has to be. Conor my boyfriend, I have feelings towards him, not Liam. Liam my friend but Conor wants me to end that friendship.

    After ending the call with Maria, my eyes were glued to the window. Watching Liam sitting on the dock, replaying the conversation I had with Maria. How can she sense I have feelings towards a mysterious person but I can't?

    "There you are!" I hear a cheerful voice say as she opened my bedroom door. I turn to face her smiling face, that's so contagious it made me smile as well. She pads her little feet over towards me and wraps her tiny hands around mine. She attempts to tug me out the door, I move slowly making her think it's working.

"Where are you taking me?" I laugh out.

She giggles while pulling me, "It's a surprise, I'm not allowed to say," She tells me. What does she mean by not allowed to tell me?

I let her lead me down the stairs, out the back door and somehow onto the docks behind Liam. "I found her!" She yells in her cheerful voice while running towards him.

Liam turns his head turns us, he eyes me up and down before looking at the little girl running to him. He wraps an arm around her, "Yes, you have," He smiles.

"Can you play my song now?" She sits down and looks up at him. Selena smiles and looks at my direction while patting the spot next to her. "Come sit, Chloe."

I smile softly, make my way towards her to sit down beside her on the dock. Selena wraps her tiny arms around mine. My legs tucked by my side, my eyes admire the sun reflecting on the lake. You can feel fall is slowly arriving since the weather change, the breeze screams Autumn.

Soft guitar strings being strummed catches my attention but I keep my eyes on the view in front of me. I want to watch Liam play but I'm scared to stare at him for so long.

Maria's voice keeps playing in my head, I feel like if my eyes stay on Liam for so long that Maria's words will affect how I see him now. I don't want that to happen.

A smile appears on my face when Liam's voice fills the air as he begins to sing. Selena's grip tightens on me as she lets out a small giggle. Her head lays on my arm, she swings her tiny legs back and forth off the dock.

Liam's singing Wonderwall to his little cousin is so beautiful, his voice is soft and unique. This moment sweet and magical. It's her song, the song he dedicated to her.

I finally looked up at him, his eyes were on Selena. Shining bright as he smiles at her. You can see and feel the love Liam has for her. When he gets to the chorus, he finally makes eye contact with me.

My face slowly heats up, his smile grows bigger and I couldn't help but smile back. I avert my eyes away to look back down at Selena. She softly singing along with him. A small giggle escapes between my lips, this moment is what I needed right now.

I was crying in the guest room, hurting over what Conor told me. Now here I am sitting with Liam who might no longer be my friend anymore, no tears in my eyes and smiling over this small little moment. I can't stop being friends with Liam. He brings happiness in my life and that's what I need. Happiness.