Chapter 14

***two days before the Wedding***

I decided to sleep in with Annie and Finnick Jr (thanks @MeganEllieTaylor! xxx), her son. And Peeta, of course, slept in Haymitch's spare room. Effie, as always, joined him!

Annie stretches, "Morning! Have a good night?"

"Hey, not really..." I replied. I actually had a nightmare, I wish... I had several of them. And the worse thing is, Peeta isn't here with me! He always comforts and cuddles with me, which is why now I need to get used to being without him.

"Why, what's wrong?" she asks.

"It's...the Games. The mutts. Rue. Clove, Thresh. Snow. Even Pri-"

"My little sister," Annie wraps her arms around me. "They're all haunting me! I hate it, it's supposed to be a happy time! I am getting married soon," I burst.

Annie exclaims, "Calm down!! It's not as if you're having a child! That would be bad! I mean, Peeta may want it but...-"

"What the hell? How dare he?! Peeta justs wants to marry me only because he wants a kid, not 'cause he loves me, IF he loves me!!" I shriek.

"Uh-oh! F-forget that I said that!" she waves her hands all over the place.

I screamed, "So you knew about this??!"

"He told me and I made a promise, OK?! But he didn't tell you coz of the Hu-"

"Don't even start me on that!! I'm OUT!" I couldn't stand to stay there longer with such a bitchy friend, more like enemy. I can't believe she never told me! Some kind of friend, so-called friend!

"FINE! Leave!"

I ran away, far from Annie. All I heard was Finnick Jr saying, "Mum..."

I cried, and cried and didn't stop. I got lost, in this unknown town, near where Haymitch lives. It was getting late, but as I was still jogging, I bumped into someone.

"Oh, hey. What's wrong?" I heard a voice saying. I could clearly recognise it's Peeta.

"You!" I sobbed.

He asked, "What did I do?"

"Why didn't you tell me?!? You idiot."

"Tell you WHAT?" he yelled.

"Ugh!" I cried, like a drama queen. He rolled his eyes.

I ran even further away from Peeta. I've been hurt, so badly, they don't even understand. But I don't know why...

I feel so many mixed emotions at the same time that I can't keep up. That I need to focus on one thing and go forward with it. Like, I want to have a child, but I wonder if Peeta actually loves me enough to do so.

Next, I run into Gale.

He actually bothers to speak to me, "Hi Catnip."

"Ugh, leave me alone!" I am still tearful.

Gale says, "Woah, what's with the attitude, it's just me?"

"Sorry, I'm in a really bad mood. Its probably very unpleasant to hang around me. It'll probably stay like this for a while!"

"What's the matter?" he asks, gently putting his arm around me.

"Everything, the nightmares I have had about the Games. Rue. Snow. Clove, Thresh, coming to think of it, Twelve as well. Annie Cresta keeping secrets from me, the wedding being only a couple of days away, Peeta's attitude..." I explained.

"Wait, I knew it!" he answers.

I have the nerve to ask, "Knew what?"

"Knew that this'll happen!" Gale answers, as if he is psychic.

I question, "Knew what'll happen?"

"Peeta! I knew he was keeping secrets, he doesn't actually love you! He just wanted to become popular, and to make sure that happens, he wanted to marry you, maybe even have kids!"

I was shocked by this, I never knew Peeta could be such a jerk, but he isn't the only one.

"Gale, shut up. Just shut UP, liar! You found an oppotunity and used it so that I'll hate Peeta and fall in love with you. I know you dislike Peeta, we all do! He may have acted like a jerk, but you've done worse." I yelled. I needed to say that, for our sake. All I wanted to be was just friends, maybe best friends. But not more than that.

I burst into more and more tears, so much that I could run out by the time I find someone else. And this time, it's Haymitch...