Chapter 8

Peeta's POV

I wake up and just realize that today I'm going shopping with Katniss Everdeen for our wedding on Tuesday! I must get used to saying Katniss Mellark. It's a nice name for her. I feel so tired from working late last night though, I need an extra nap. Though I can't let down my future wife, she'll kill me, literally!

"What took ya so long, Bread Boy?!" yells Katniss, who's dragging me out of bed while I refuse and pull back, "We're going shopping and I cannot wait. C'mon, out of bed." She is still pulling. She doesn't give up that easily.

"Peeta! Come ON. Hurry up, for me." she says again. Oh no! Not THAT face. She fakely pouts and tries to look cute so that I'll come out.

"All right, alright. You win!" I gave in.

She cheers, "Yay!" Whilst Katniss is jumping up and down joyfully, I grt out of bed and wash. Then I find a lovely breakfast prepared for me.

"Katniss, did you do this, for me?" I ask.

She replies, "Yeah, it's to thank you for the wonderfully delicious diner and for being such a good boyfriend to me. But not for long, so you'll be my husband."

"Aw, and you'll be my wife!" I smile. Katniss is blushing everywhere! It is very noticable, then we kiss.

Katniss POV

As we walked out of my house, Mother came.

"Oh, Katniss darling! How are you?" she asks.

"Hey Mother, I'm fine thanks." I answer.

"And what about you, Peeta?!" she says cheerfully.

He replies, "Good."

Then I whisper to Peeta, "Should I tell her?"

"Yeah, of course." he says.

"Um, Mother? I'd just like to tell you that Peeta and I are having a wedding next Tuesday. And we'd like to invite you." I explained.

"Oh, I'd be delighted to come! Of course, anything for you two." she answers. Her face lightened. I guess she knew the day will come, it's going to be magical.