Chapter 10

"So, Katniss." Annie says, "I, I-I was just wondering..."

I ask, "What?"

"Umm, I am invited to your wedding, right?!" questions Annie.

"Of course! I'd love for you, and your son to come!" I answered.

She laughs, "Thank you."

The wedding bells will ring soon, and I still don't have a bridesmaid!

What, I don't usually worry about this stuff, besides, Peeta normally organises things for me. I want Annie to be it, but I don't feel we've known each other long enough! I don't know why though, I never usually anymore. I am normally clueless, but I guess I can't help it.

I text Peeta just to make sure:

'Hey Peeta. Have you got us a bridesmaid for our wedding?'

He replies:

'Uuh...'

I text him:

'Peeta!'

Please don't tell me that you-'

He said:

'I have!!'

I text:

'PEE-TAAA! Tell me the truth.'

He explains:

'Alright, alright! I forgot. Hang on, what about you?! I'm always organising stuff, now it's YOUR turn.'

I text:

'OK. But who?'

That's it. He never replies. Great. I guess I'll have to worry about that another time! Right now, I have to buy some supplies from the list. It's not as easy as I though it would be. Usually, it takes months for couples to plan their weddings. For us, we're in a rush. Luckily, we have some cash so it makes the money problems disappear.

I've dealt with napkins, plates, cutlery and some food but the others I still need to buy. Like the dress, most people will be inspecting that! Fashion is important here in Panem and even in the Capitol.

Annie and I were about to walk into this designer, wedding boutique and clothing store with Annie, when we manage to bump into Peeta and Haymitch, who's drunk, again...

Annie was about to twist the doorknob and they swing the door open, hitting our faces!

"Woah! Ow!! That hurt." I exclaimed.

"Ow!! Ouch. Be careful next time. If it were worse, the bride could've been bruised for a week, which includes the wedding day!" Annie yells. As this happens, I fall to the ground. The pain was too much for me (well, I've experienced a lot of pain, which is building up. Also, I can be lazy at times.) Then Annie grabbed my hand, along with Effie, and helped me up.

"Are you okay, Katniss?" she asks, looking astonished and worried.

"Yeah, a bit." I said.

Her rage with door slamming has gotten worse. It started ever since it was Finnick's death anniversary. Her face is filled with fury, her eyes filled with pain and sorrow. They didn't mean it, but need to be more cautious and Haymitch should look where he's going.

"Oh, sorry Katniss." Peeta and Haymitch say in unison.

"See?! You're not having anymore alcohol today." shouts Effie, at Haymitch.

"But-" he groans.

"NO MORE!" she yells, raising her eyebrows. She must be concerned since personally I've never seen her raise her eyebrows. Or treat Haymitch like a baby (maybe kid).

He murmurs, "OK." We all walk off, Annie and I, into the shop.