Chapter 19

*WEDDING EVE*

At home with Peeta...

"Hi mother!" I say cheerfully.

"Hello Katniss dear. How are you?" she asks.

I reply, "I'm fine. Just tired."

"Hello Mrs Everdeen. How are you tonight?" Peeta greets her.

"Good," she says.

"Mother, I'm really worried. What if the wedding doesn't go as planned?"

"Do not worry. You'll be an excellent bride. And I'm sure Peeta will be the perfect one to marry. Besides, you can always improvise." she winks. I smile back.

"Thanks," I say.

Peeta and I walk into bed together.

"I love you," he whispers in my ear, gently lifting my hair to kiss my cheek.

"I love you too." I say back.

He says, "I love you as many as the people in Twelve!"

"I love you times the amount of stars in the sky." I explain.

"I love you times the amount of people in Panem, Capitol, AND the stars in the sky." he giggles.

I laugh boastfully, "Well, I love you times the amount of stars in the sky, the population of the Capitol, and the living AND dead people of Panem!"

"Hey, that's not fair!!" he says in a childish way. I smirk.

"Ha Ha!" I whisper. We kiss gleefully. "It's the last time we're girlfriend and boyfriend. Tomorrow, we'll be married, husband and wife!"

"I know," says Peeta. "You excited?"

"So excited I can't even sleep!" I whisper. "You?"

"Yeah, same. I just want the wedding to go perfectly, for you, my love." Peeta chuckles.

I explain, "And you. I will never forget you."

"And I'll never ever, ever forget you!" he emphasizes.

"Love you!" I say.

"Love you more." We kiss one more time, this time we make the moment last for minute or so, exploring the inside...

I suggest, "Don't you think we should get to sleep?"

"Yes. Night Katniss, my girlfriend for the last time." Peeta whispers.

"Good night Peeta, my boyfriend for the last time."