Chapter 1

A/N: The title may be odd since rain usually defeats fire but by the end of this book, hopefully you'll understand why I gave it this title. This story is set after the Mockingjay..........

______________________

Chapter 1

"Katniss, Katniss! Katniss." I hear that's Peeta's voice, calling my name. 

"Are you okay about Prim?" he asks as he's walking to my bed. 

"No, and I'm tired. I haven't had much sleep because of my nightmares. But I'm happy Snow is out of the way. He'a not bothering us now!" I reply, wondering how Peeta got in. 

"Okay." he says, gently stroking my hair and kisses my cheek.

Right now, I'm not in the mood to act romantic towards him. After all, Gale is coming over soon. Besides, I haven't met up with Gale for a long time and he's my best friend! He must feel jealous or lonely. 

"Katniss, you have to get up at some point!" Peeta snaps. 

"I will, I'm still tired but I have to meet up with Gale. By the way, how did you get in here?" I mumbled.

"Errr," he stutters, "Your mother let me in." 

I'm not so sure whether that's the truth. I raise my eyebrows, cross my arms and yank his hair. 

"Ow! That hurt. Hey!!" He says in pain. 

"Well, were you telling the truth??!" I questioned him. 

"OK okay. Your door was left open so I snook in to see you. I saw your mother leaving the house." he says, trying to kiss my neck.

I think for a bit, then accept his kiss, AND excuse. Then the doorbell chimes. 

"Oh, that must be Gale!" I exclaim whilst prancing out of my bed. I heard Peeta sigh and groan quietly, but don't take much notice since I'm excited to see Gale.

I jump out and get dressed quickly. I run downstairs and open the door while fixing my hair. Meanwhile, Peeta is just making his way down to, but hides so that Gale won't notice him.

"Hi Gale!" I say joyfully while waving. 

"And Haymitch!" Haymitch comes forward from standing behind Gale. 

"Hey Catnip." he says back while turning to look at Haymitch. 

I whispered to Gale, "Is Haymitch normal or drunk?" 

"Normal." he replies quickly. I stare  

at him. 

"OK, slightly drunk." he admits.

I invite them into my house. Peeta is still watching from a distance. I walk over to him and beg, "It's okay now, Gale hasn't mentioned anything mean about you. Please come with me. Stay with us, Haymitch wants to see you."

"No. I'm not doing it!" he insists.

"Pleeeeaaaaaaaase?!" I pleading. I did the puppy dog face and pouted. With Peeta, when I do that, it always works. And he bought it!

"OK." Peeta finally agrees.