Chapter 17

I'm sorry I took ages to upload, but I had lots of H/W to do so I didnt have time! -_-

Hope ya like this chap xxx

I stood there, by Katniss. The silence lasted so long that Haymitch got bored and left.

"Katniss? Will you?" I said in a persuasive apologetic voice. "All I'm asking is for forgiveness. I've done lots of things for you. It's very easy to forgive! Come on, please, for me..."

She looks up with a 'I'm sorry, but no' face. Her eyes were watery. I couldn't wait for her answer any longer so I walkes off.

Katniss

Oh my gosh. Oh my gosh! OH MY GOD!! I made a huge mistake! I should have-

I hear, "Katniss! Katniss," I turn around and see that Annie and Gale are running close behind me.

"I, I-I'm-" Gale pants. His voice trails away.

I interrupt, "Forget it. I know,"

Annie babbles, "Peeta's really upset! REALLY!! I don't know what's happened, but he's in tears. He hasn't told anyone, and the wedding is tomorrow! Come!" She drags me along and throws me into the car.

Uh oh, did I do something?

Annie and Finnick Jr's house

So I arrive at their home, and hear sniffing coming from upstairs.

"Sshhh! Listen." I say.

"See! It's Peeta." says Annie, whilst we rush upstairs.

Annie yells, "Finnick dear, come out of there! We need to talk to Peeta for a second."

"OK." he calls back.

We walk in and I see Peeta, on the couch, resting his feet on her bed.

"Peeta, Peeta? Someone here would like to talk to you," she whispers. Peeta looks up and turns around, then looks back.

I tip toe into the room. "Peeta? I..."

"Forget it! I knew you were gonna say no. Just leave me alone. Maybe your mother would've thought the same. No wonder she's not coming to the wedding which is never happening..." he blurts.

I say slightly loudly, "But Peeta, I-"

"Go away! I just knew it." his tone of voice completely changed, "I knew you wouldn't forgive me. You don't really love me, do you!?!?? I do everything I can for you, but you cannot even show your love to me by forgiving me, obviously which you don't love me. You have not done anything for me in AGES! I guess Snow was true abo-"

"Damn you, Peeta! How could you?! I'd never do a thing to you like that. You don't understand, I was gonna forgive you! But I guess it's too late for that now, isn't it, Peeta...?!" I run out and burst into tears.

I sob, "I can't believe this is actually happening the day before the wedding!"

"Why, what's wrong?" asks Annie.

I cry, "Peeta di- did-nt believe me. And to make it worse, my mother isn't coming!"

Annie pauses for a moment and widens her eyes.

I sniff, "Did you know?" I glare at her.

"OK, I did. But I didn't know how to say it. I'll just talk to Peeta, okay?!"

"OK." I sigh in reply.

___________________________

Oooooooh, more drama!