Chapter 13

"Savior."
Chapter 13

Nothing is better than feeling like you're sunken in a deep hole, unable to get out. Afraid for your own life.

That feeling of adrenaline, that pumps through your legs as you run.

Run, until your breath becomes rapid.

Until your legs feel like metal, burning under the heap of soft soil that pressed against the soles of your feet.

Until your lungs are on fire, and your sides cramp; making you topple over in pain.

Only, to get up and run again.

That's right.

You ran.

Ran from Lucifer, you ran from your own death.

Collapsing against a tree, you found yourself lost in the midst of the exact same woods that stripped you of your sanity.

The situation felt so familiar, it almost was like a reminder.

A reminder of who you are.

The crumb in the crevices of the couch, the mistake that was born into this world; because your father couldn't keep his dick out of women's pants.

In the end, you didn't know either of them.

Panting heavily, you stare at your surroundings, Lucifer was no where to be seen.

In fact, you weren't even sure if he followed you.

Shaking your head, you squeeze your eyes shut as the soil squelched under the palm of your hand.

This wasn't the time to be thinking about him.
Struggling to stand, you staggered across the floors tiredly; coming farther into the forest until you spot something familiar.

The bench.

Feeling a sort of relief spread through your body, your legs picked up faster as you approached the rusted bench that lay idly in the soil.

The streets must be close by.

Hurriedly passing through, you continued forward, more and more until the sound of cars zooming by become music to your ears.

Faster.

Run faster.

That was the only thought that ran through your mind as you clawed your way up the steep hill; the exact same hill you had fallen from.

When the touch, of the burning cement floor is simpering against your fingertips; the uttermost lift of joy is led through you.

You collapsed against the dark street, tears strolling down your cheeks.

You made it.

You're safe.

Cars fled by, some honking, some people rolling down their window to curse the life out of you, and some swerving past you like nothing.

Giving no care.

But you didn't mind, you were free.

It's really selfish.

It really was.

But...you bored your eyes into the blue sky; as your hair sticks against the sides of your sweaty forehead.

This was beautiful.

Car tires screech, snapping you out of your trance.

Turning your head to the side, a black Lexus's front came face to face with you, your eyes trailed up the car, slowly.

Unable to see past the hood, the sound of the car's door opening is clear in your ear.

You slowly adjusted your eyes towards the door.

One step.

Two.

Until the feet of a man's dress shoes become the only thing you could see.

You trailed your eyes up, up his office slacks, up his white dress shirt, and farther until you met his perfect mono-lid, eyes.

The man bent down, a small, rectangular smile on his face.

"What's a pretty lady doing on the street?"