21. Question

Five

"You are sleeping late again."

Napahinga ako ng malalim saka hinarap si mommy. She looks at me with scrutiny and it always makes me feel uncomfortable.

"Son, what's the matter?" She digs in, tapping me on the shoulder. "Does this have something to do with the girl you took to Tres' wedding?"

"No."

"Yes." Mom corrects my answer. "Anak, kilala kita. You are not as expressive as your brothers. Honey, it's not a crime to say what you really feel."

"Mom." I look away as I grasp for air. "She is not the one for me."

"Then, who is?"

Napatingin ulit ako sa kanya dahil sa kanyang tanong. "She's young and... I don't know mom. I don't want her to leave. But I saw it with my own eyes. She's happier with those... young kids like her."

"Five," Mom interrupts but I quickly shake my head to stop her.

"She's happier when she's not with me, mom."

I just have to accept that fact. I have to deal with the truth that a precious young woman like her is not meant to end with me. And lastly, I have to deal with the fact that people come and go. It's time to move on.

One morning, I arrive to the law firm greeted by a commotion at the lobby. The guard told me that a certain young guy is insisting to talk to me. I bet I know who the kid.

"Let him go." I order the guards gripping each of Sandoval's hand.

"Yeah. Stupid men in white." He murmurs as the building security frees him. "I'm not here to ask for your help. I'm here to tell you how much of an asshole you are."

This jerk.

"I'm here to do you a favor." He smirks. "You're welcome."

Arrogant jerk.

"What? Are you not going to invite me to your office? Oh—Okay, okay. You want me to tell everything I know right here, with your stupid employees listening?"

With that being asked, I drag the stupid kid out of the building. "Don't barge in there again like that if you don't want to end up in prison."

"Tsk. I've been to many prison cells with Siri before. Didn't she tell you that?"

"Don't waste my time kid. What do you need?"

"You are an asshole, you know that right?" I raise a brow at him and that somehow stiffens him. He stands up properly. "Yeah, you are an asshole and my bestfriend is so damn stupid to fall in love with you."

"And how do you call a guy who is secretly in love with his damn stupid bestfriend?" I can help bruising his ego. He is an arrogant kid. "Pathetic. That's what he's called."

"Yeah. I am pathetic. But did you know what she told me before?" He smiles arrogantly. "I am the guy who she will love forever. How about you, attorney? Do you think she'd still be in love with you years from now? Oops. Knowing that you broke her heart?"

Hindi ko na napigilan ang sarili ko at kinuwelyuhan ko siya. "Tell me where she is."

"Why don't you ask your Little Detective?" What's with this kid? Did he come all the way here to mess up with me? "I guess he won't know because I don't know either." Hearing that, I push him away forcibly. Unfazed by my anger, he remains standing confidently in front of me. "Siri left me a note... a letter. Whatever, I don't know their difference." Tsk. This kid is making me lose my cool. "So, she told me all the stuff she hid from me when she was with you. I don't know why I'm doing this. I don't know why I'm here."