Daddy Daughter Dance (DDM)

Shawn (age: 12)

You were in your room trying to teach yourself how to Waltz. Your school was having a Daddy Daughter Dance night tonight, and you wanted to impress your dad with your dance skills.

You had been trying to dance for more than 2 hours and you were now frustrated. You fell onto your bed and covered your face with your hands.

Your dad walked in, "Y/n are you ready for the dance tonight?"

"I don't want to go anymore"

"But y/n, we have been looking forward to this day all year. Why don't you want to go?"

"Cause dad I've been trying to learn how to dance for 2 hours and I haven't improved one bit. Its too hard."

"Sweetie, dance just doesn't come like 'that', it takes time."

"But dad, I don't have time."

"I don't care what you say, we are going to that dance and that's final." he said and left.

You groaned and started to get ready.

You curled your long brown hair and put a small tiara in it. You wore a red high-low dress with a small bit of bling, your moms real diamond earrings and necklace.

Once you were happy with your look, you put your heels (whatever color you want them to be) and went downstairs to see your dad Shawn in a black tuxedo and a corsage in his hand.

"You look beautiful y/n"

"You don't look to shabby yourself." you chuckled.

He slipped the corsage on your hand and you headed off to the dance.

Once you got there, neon lights flashed everywhere and everyone was jamming out. You looked over to see Matt, Hayes, Taylor, Carter, and their daughters.

"Y/n!" the girls screamed.

"Shawn!" the guys yelled.

Matt had his daughter Paisley, Taylor had two twins Rebecca and Lindsey, Hayes had triplets April, Victoria, and Kennedy, and Carter had his daughter Kamryn. Cam and Nash were not there because they had no daughters just all boys.

"You looked so beautiful y/n!" April explained.

"Thanks girls, now let's go have some fun." you said and ran off.

"Shawn bro, y/n looks great, and you look...ok." Carter said.

"Thanks guys. So how's the girls?"

"Don't get me started, all Paisley talks about is her boyfriend Trevor." Matt groaned.

"Well I have two twin daughters who fight day and night!" Taylor chimed in.

"Well how do you think it is raising triplets!" Hayes exclaimed.

We all laughed and continued to talk.

~~30 minutes later~~

The slow song session had started and you stood alone watching everyone else dance.

"May I have this dance?" Shawn asked.

You smiled and grabbed his hand. "Of course."

He lead you out to the middle of the dance floor and you started to...Waltz.

"Dad I don't how to Waltz."

"Just follow my lead."

You followed his steps and you soon got the hang of it.

"That's it, you got it."

"Thanks dad, your the best dad I could ever ask for. I love you." you said and hugged him.

"I love you so much more y/n. I wouldn't trade you in for the world."

You continued to dance with your head snuggled up against his chest and his arms rapped around you.

Best Daddy Daughter Dance EVER.