Paper hearts

It was the wedding's day. I was finishing getting ready when Brad returned to his room.

— Wow!! That way you're going to overshadow the bride. — He teased, chuckling as I looked at him through the reflection in the mirror.

He sat on the bed, waiting for me, so I faced him, straightening my dress. I opted for a nude V-neck dress and a crevice. The lightweight and simple fabric made it comfortable for the wedding that would happen outdoors. For the accessories, I chose the golden and discreet, but that brought elegance to the look, with loose and wavy hair.

— You look amazing! — He smiled, analyzing me from head to toe.

— Do you think so? — I turned back to the mirror, straightening my dress again and making sure everything was perfect.

— Y/n, it's perfect! I'm sure everyone at the wedding will agree with me. — I smiled coming back at him, frowning at the realization that his tie was not knotted yet.

— Come here. — He stood up, stopping in front of me as I tucked her tie into a perfect knot in it. I looked up at him, grinning. — Gorgeous as always. You should wear a suit more often, Simpson. — I chuckled beside him, adjusting his suit, but then my eyes dropped to his lips, noticing for the first time how soft and inviting they looked. He approached me, also looking at my lips, we looked into each other's eyes and I saw a smile at the corner of his lips.

— Are you both ready? — Anne came into the room and looked at us, getting out quickly. — Forget I was in here.

I chuckled, shaking my head negatively as I felt my cheeks burning like ember while he got away from me. Now definitely she thinks there's something going on between us and we're hiding it.

— Can we go? — He held out my arm and I accepted, walking out of his room to find his parents and then we went to the wedding.

The wedding and its decor were impeccable, flowers everywhere, the greenish grass with a wooden pallet deck where we would stay, little hanging lights brought even more charm to the event.

— Just stay right there! I'm going to take a picture. You look so beautiful! — Anne smiled broadly, already picking up the cellphone to photograph us. Brad hugged me around the waist and smiled at the photo. — You're the most beautiful couple I've ever seen. — Derek cleared his throat. — After us, of course. — She smiled at Derek and we laughed low, trying to hide our flushed cheeks.

We greeted some people, being questioned by all if I was his girlfriend, and then we walked to one of the tables, accommodating us, while the ceremony did not begin. Brad held my hand all the time, letting her lean against one of my thighs, occasionally caressing the other's hand with his thumb.

When the ceremony was over, we wished the bride and groom happy and they asked Brad to sing Paper Hearts so they could waltz because it was the bride's favorite song.

The couple walked to the center of the dance floor while Brad stood in the corner with the microphone, starting to sing as the two of them hugged each other, moving their bodies slowly from side to side with their foreheads resting on each other for a second. It was clear how happy they were and how much they waited for that moment to become one officially.

I turned my gaze to Brad and noticed that he was watching me as he sang as if singing to me instead of the bride and groom. I felt my cheeks turn color and he smiled, walking towards me while still singing. I smiled at him, I loved this song, he knew. He stood in front of me, putting a lock of my hair back as he looked into my eyes, smiling at me as I sang low with him. He took my hand, making me slowly turn around in place, then brought my hand to his chest where I could feel his heart beating rapidly. As soon as the song was over, he whispered to me,

Here's my paper heart, won't you hold it? — He smiled without looking away from me, we heard the applause of the guests and the grooms who were now looking at us as well. Brad pulled me by the waist and sealed our lips, starting a calm kiss. I closed my eyes as I felt his lips soft and warm in mine, corresponding to the slow kiss as I gently caressed his chest where my hand was still, feeling his caress around my waist. It was as if we had waited for it a lifetime. The kiss, though calm, made me realize how much I wished for that moment unconsciously, wishing it had not taken so long to finally feel his lips on mine.

We break the kiss with long kisses, without hurry to move away, keeping our foreheads together, as well as the caresses.

We looked at each other again, smiling broadly at each other without ever leaving, forgetting completely where we were and having many people around us.

— My loves! — Anne smiled, looking at us, seemed moved. His eyes glittered and her hand was on her chest, her head on Derek, who was hugging her waist and smiling at us. I smiled shyly at Brad and he held out his hand.

— Do you wanna dance?

— I do! But I can not guarantee that your foot will come out all of this. — I giggled. I took his hand and he pulled me to where other people danced, hugging me around the waist, pulling my body into his. I hugged his neck, pressing our foreheads again, slowly moving our bodies from side to side in the rhythm of the slow music that played.

Neither of us said anything and we did not need to, we were smiling with the mouth, the eyes, the heart, and the soul. It was as if there was nothing but the melody and the two of us. Taking advantage of the moment that was just ours.