Chapter 9: Mall

Jungkook is staring into Taehyung's eyes, making the younger's heart skip a beat. He should not have come here.

"I d-don't-" Taehyung tries to sign, but it feels like his hands turns numb, not being able to do anything. Jungkook smirks, "I'm impressed you can stammer in sign language". Yeah, Taehyung has heard that one before.

Jungkook lifts his hand and places it under Taehyung's chin, giving it a gentle squeeze. Taehyung closes his eyes. Waiting.

The elder slowly leans forward and just as his lips brush Taehyung's cheek the door behind them smacks up, making them both flinch like crazy. They jump away from each other and look at the door.

"There you are you ass!" it's Jin. Taehyung is so confused. What's he doing here?

"Sorry for being a cockblocker but you really need to come now Taehyung," Jin's out of breath. Jungkook's eyes widen as he looks at Jin. Does he know?

"How do y-" Jungkook starts, but Jin cuts him off.

"Don't worry, I won't tell anybody and I'm not judging, but I swear if you force it on him I will kill you slowly. And painful-" Jin's voice disappears as Taehyung violently pushes him outside the room, blushing like crazy.

The younger turns around looking at Jungkook with an awkward smile. "I'll come tomorrow" he signs, walking out of the door and leaving Jungkook totally shocked.

"Ugh-" Jin complains after receiving another hit in the back of his head from Taehyung. They are still right outside Jungkook's room and Taehyung is scolding the elder. He's so embarrassing!

"What is it? So annoying..." Taehyung signs as he pouts. He could probably be having sex right now if it wasn't for Jin.

"You're annoying. Sorry for ruining your beautiful, romantic moment, but your mother is here..." the elder answers.

Taehyung feels his heart beating faster by the thought of his mother. He hasn't seen her for over 6 months.

It was his mother's idea to come to this school. Having a child like Taehyung isn't easy, especially when his father left. He rolls his eyes. Not right now.

But he can't miss it. Just as they're about to walk towards the dinner hall, Taehyung's mother comes around the corner. She stops. Looking at Taehyung with her arms crossed, leaning on one leg.

"There you are. What took you so long?" His mother asks. Jin presses himself against the wall, trying to be as invisible as possible. Taehyung slowly walks towards the woman who hugs him when he's close enough.

Taehyung sighs. "Jesus, be happy to see your mother you ungrateful child," she spits after pulling away from the hug. Taehyung just looks at the ground, not really knowing how to start the conversation.

"Listen, I need you to come home this weekend. I want to introduce you to my husband," she brushes some dust of Taehyung's shoulder. The boy just nods. He stopped counting after the fifth husband. And now she has a new one. She's never satisfied, not with Taehyung's father either... she just didn't realize soon enough that she was pregnant.

"That's all," Taehyung's mother gives him a kiss on the cheek and turns around, leaving him without giving him a chance to speak up. Silence fills the room.

"That was seriously the shortest encounter ever," Jin exhales after making sure the woman has left the corridor. Taehyung just shrugs his shoulder. It's not like he wants to be with her for longer than that.

"Let's eat!" Jin grabs Taehyung's arm, pulling him towards the exit where his mother just left. The younger tries to fight him off. What if Jungkook is still in his room. But after a few minutes of bickering, Jin won and they left to go to the mall.

- Time skip -

"Stop being such a pussy, he left already." Jin takes a bite of his sandwich, looking at Taehyung's sorry state. The younger is just poking his salad with a fork, resting his chin on his hand. He's still thinking about Jungkook. What would have happened if they didn't get interrupted?

"Yeah, because of you!" Taehyung pouts, crossing his arms afterward. 

"You rather wanted your mother to catch you getting fucked by a classmate? I'll note that down..." Jin mocks. Taehyung just ignores the annoying statement.

Just as everything seems depressed enough to kill both of them, Taehyung hears a familiar voice. Both him and Jin look up and spot three familiar shapes. It's Lay's voice; he's laughing at some joke Suho made.

Jungkook is just walking expressionless in front of them. Taehyung stares at him for a good 30 seconds before their eyes meet. Jungkook is a bit shocked by seeing the younger. Taehyung doesn't know what to do. Should he smile?

Before he can decide, the elder just throws his head back, not smiling or anything, just giving him a cold gaze before focusing back on the path he's walking on.

Taehyung doesn't know why. He doesn't know why his heart aches as he watches the elder leave or why he feels like running after him, begging him to stay.

No. Taehyung doesn't give a shit. They still hate each other! The feelings are just illusions, everyone feels like this around Jungkook. He knows he's lying to himself. But what is he supposed to do?

Jungkook would not even spare him a smile. 

-----

Sorry, this was short and boring...

Edited: [x]