Chapter 31: tears

This is the last chapter my friends 😭😢 I have tried to make it long, I hope you all enjoy <3 Thank you so much for reading!

__________

Taehyung is sitting on the couch, staring blankly ahead. He hasn't really moved from this particular couch in his mother's living room for the past month, not really knowing where to place himself otherwise.

The tv is running on the same channel, Taehyung doesn't have the energy to change it. He hasn't been outside the house and he hasn't been in the dorms either. But he has been allowed home, considering the situation he's in.

Soon, a head pops up from the opening, showing Taehyung's mother with two cups of hot choco in her hands.

"Hi honey. Jin is here, can I let him in? Or are you too tired?" she asks gently, walking in and placing the two cups on the sofa table.

Taehyung hesitates. He hasn't seen any of his friends doing all this time either, always turning his mother down when she has asked the exact same question. Taehyung knows Jin is persistent, so of course, he's here again.

Taehyung sighs but nods, maybe it will be good to see another face for once. And Jin is his best friend, how could he deny him?

Mrs. Kim smiles, glad that Taehyung finally agreed.

"Okay, I will let him in," she says and leaves to do so. In the meantime, Taehyung grabs the hot chocolate and blows on it. The warmth from the cup in his hands makes him feel slightly comfortable, closing his eyes to brace himself.

"TAE!" Jin comes blasting through the door, staring at his sorry piece of a friend which he hasn't seen in a month.

Taehyung can't help but smile a little at that. He hasn't smiled in so long, so it feels good. He places the cup back down before he gets embraced in a bone-crushing hug. He quickly returns it while closing his eyes and letting go of a breath he didn't know he was holding.

Jin pulls back and holds the other's shoulders tightly. He looks at him for a second.

"You look terrible. I have missed you so much," he states. It's true, Taehyung looks absolutely crashed. He hasn't cut his hair in forever, so it has grown so long. His eyes have some dark bags underneath them and his skin is so pale. But who wouldn't look like this?

"I missed you too," he signs, letting the blanket that's wrapped around him loosen a little.

"How are you doing Tae? You know you can talk to me, right?" Jin whispers. He's still having one hand on the other's shoulder, massaging it slightly.

"Thanks Hyung... but I don't really know what to say..." Taehyung signs before looking down at his lap. He can already feel the tears sting in his eyes, not that there's many left to shed.

Jin bites his lip as he watches Taehyung's eyes get glassy. He hates seeing his friend like this, there's nothing that hurts more. And the worst part is that it's almost impossible to comfort the younger.

"Anything Tae, I know you're holding something in..." Jin whispers and slowly pulls Taehyung into a side hug, still looking down on him.

The brunette's lip starts to quiver, his hands shaking as he lifts them.

"It's all my fault..." he says. Jin shakes his head immediately, "no Tae, don't ever say it's your fault-"

"I should have seen the signs... Hyung, he looked terrible that day... I should have noticed..." his hands fall down as the tears finally run over, soaking his rosy cheeks. Jin shakes his head again before pulling him into a hug.