Chapter 23: Music

"You guys dance?" Bogum asks as they enter the music room. As usual, there aren't any people down here, since it's in dorm 2.

"Yeah, have to use our time on something," Taehyung answers.

"And those two are actually really good at it!" Jin says (he signs too so Bogum can understand him, Jimin doing the same) and points at the youngers.

"You are too hyung!"

"Shut up!"

They start a mini fight about Jimin wanting to compliment the elder and Jin not wanting to receive it.

"Do you dance?" Taehyung asks Bogum as they start setting up the laptop and looking through playlists.

"I did a little at my old school, so I would say I know how to do it... but not like this, cause I can't hear the music obviously," he smiles. Taehyung grins back at him. He's glad they have a shared interest; it just makes it easier to build up a good friendship. They start looking through the playlists and adds a lot of songs to the queue.

A song begins and Jimin is the first to jump to his feet. He starts dancing around, getting the familiar feeling of relaxation through moving your body like this.

"How do you like...'listen' to music then?" Taehyung asks. He has heard that some deaf people do hear music, just in a different way. He's very curious.

Bogum flashes a smile and grabs Taehyung's hand. The brunette blushes as he gets dragged over to one of the speakers. Bogum holds on top of his hand and holds it against the speaker. Taehyung immediately feels the vibrations from the bass, sending waves through his fingers.

Bogum shortly lifts his hand to explain.

"I can 'listen' to the beat. It's very calming," he states and puts his hand back. For some reason, he places it back on top of Taehyung's.

The younger seems very fascinated and doesn't notice that the door to the music room opens.

"What's going on here?" Jungkook enters the room, his eyes fixated on Taehyung and Bogum's hands on the speaker.

"We're just chillin," Jin answers. Taehyung smiles brightly at the elder, happy to see him, but Jungkook doesn't return it. He just walks towards the two and gets close to Bogum.

"You're the new kid?" he asks. Taehyung quickly stands beside him, signing for Bogum to understand.

"Oh, yeah! I'm Bogum, it's nice to meet you," Bogum signs and Jungkook catches the most of it. He leans a little closer and takes in the other's features, almost a scowl on his face.

"Well, you're aren't worth my greeting," he spits and turns around. Jimin, Jin and Taehyung's mouths fall open in shock. Taehyung brows furrow and he feels anger blaze up inside him.

"What's his problem!?" he signs out. Jin shakes his head and Jimin quickly goes to Bogum and tells him not to listen to it. The male just smiles and nods, having understood most of Jungkook's words from reading his lips.

"It's fine, I'm used to it," he says and Taehyung immediately feels sympathy.

"Know that feeling man," he comments with a sad expression. He's definitely a person who understands everything Bogum has gone through and is going through.

"Let's just ignore him, he is not worth our time," Jin says and starts a new song. The others quickly agree, starting to cheer up the now destroyed mood.

Taehyung is still looking at the door annoyed, wondering why Jungkook would come all the way down here just to do that. Taehyung is about to explode, but he keeps it in... as the others said, it's not worth his anger.

- time skip -

The cafeteria is filled with people as everyone is having dinner. Jin, Jimin, Bogum, and Taehyung are by one table, speaking away about the upcoming assignment they will need to work on. A boring conversation, but they don't have anything else to discuss.

"Still, I feel like our teachers should give us a break! I'm not going to use writing essays in my life anyway, so why even bother?" Jin asks, taking a bite of his food.

"It's called general education, you just need to know how to write," Taehyung sighs with a small giggle.

"Agreed, I just wish math wasn't a main subject," Bogum signs beside Taehyung. The younger quickly agrees.

"I know right, math sucks!" he says. Bogum giggles and starts explaining about this one math lesson where he accidentally hit his teacher with an eraser because he was so mad he couldn't figure out the most basic things. This caused him to throw an eraser unfortunately for his teacher...

Taehyung is almost laughing his heart out by the end of it, Jimin and Jin not being any better on the other side of the table.

By a table not far from them, Jungkook is sitting. He's looking at the four laughing their heads off and he can't describe how freaking much it annoys him. He's tapping his leg as he watches Bogum put a caring hand on Taehyung's back as he laughs about something.

Why does he need to put his hand there!?

Jungkook huffs and turns away from them, looking at Lay and Sehun have some irrelevant conversation about a girl's tits.

"Can you guys like, shut the fuck up?" he snaps for no particular reason, he's just so annoyed right now.

"Wow, chill out princess we literally did nothing," Lay says with a small laugh.

"Yeah man, what's up with you?" Sehun asks. Jungkook shakes his head and ignores them, his attention falling back towards the table not far from them.

Lay laughs.

"Well, will you look at that, the handicap crew has added a new member. Fucking hilarious!" he states and stands up. Jungkook and Sehun see where this is going, standing up as well. Somehow, Jungkook feels the need to stop himself, but on the other hand, he wishes to see Bogum suffer.

Okay, that came out way harsher than he wanted it to. He just wants that little sucker to get his hands off Taehyung! Why? He doesn't know.

Lay lazily makes it to their table, smirking like the bully he is. The table turns silent and the all look up at them.

"Oh Taehyungsie, this looks good can I have a taste?" Lay grabs one of the cookies on Taehyung's plate and puts it in his mouth.

Taehyung growls at him. "Eat your own food you fucker," he says.

"Sorry, I still can't understand alien, try another time," he mocks and Taehyung's head almost explodes with fumes. But it's nowhere near the same anger he feels as he looks to the side and sees Bogum lowering his head, milk spilled all over his body.

In shock Taehyung looks up at Jungkook who stands with the now empty plastic cup, totally emotionless.

"What's your problem!?" Jimin asks from across the table, not having any of Jungkook's shit. Taehyung is just looking at him with disappointed eyes, sighing.

Jungkook spots that and frowns. It felt heavenly to see Bogum get soaked in milk and cowering down like that. But the elder almost feels a punch in his stomach by the looks Taehyung gave him.

He quickly pushes the feeling away and throws the cup at Bogum's head before storming out of the cafeteria. All eyes are on him in confusion as he leaves except for Taehyung. He's just giving up at this point.