Chapter 27: Status

Taehyung can feel his blood boil as he stares at the table not far from them. Jungkook is sitting down beside Jennie, an arm around her waist as she talks about some probably unimportant shit.

Taehyung, Jimin, Jin and Bogum had peacefully made their way to the cafeteria, but the sight before them was almost gag-worthy.

Jin places a caring hand on Taehyung's back, patting it slightly to show comfort. He's probably the only one who's able to see through Taehyung's sassy behavior, knowing that it's just a setup to hide his true and hurt feelings.

It's even hard for the brunette to accept for himself that he's actually hurt by this. How could Jungkook take him so high before dropping him the next day. It's so weird and sudden that Taehyung doesn't even want to think about the reason behind it.

The group of four sits down by one of the tables a bit far from Jungkook's table. Lay and Sehun are there as well, both sitting with a girl on their lap. They weren't lying about calling them all man-whores.

Taehyung grumbly lowers his plate a little to harsh on the table and sits down. The others follow him and give him some sad glances...

Bogum still has some bandages around his face, but he's not as swollen as he was yesterday luckily.

He's looking at Taehyung in slight concern. The other seems so extremely mad and the worst part is that Bogum knows why. But he could never tell Taehyung what he did. It was selfish and stupid.

"So... should we do something in the evening? Like watch a movie or something? I can't live with the tension," Jin comments and grabs a big bite from his plate.

"Yeah, I feel like that's a bit needed..." Jimin says as well. Bogum just nods in agreement. He too wants to get his mind somewhere else.

Taehyung just glares down at his food, poking to it once in a while. He doesn't know why he expected something more from Jungkook. Was he really that naive?

Maybe they just weren't fit from the start. It wasn't like Jungkook was treating him any differently when time went on, but Taehyung became more forgiving. More forgiving and more loving. It's almost as if he has fallen in lov-

His mind takes a halt and he feels his entire body shake. Has he fallen in love? With that?

He looks back over at jungkook who now seems rather uninterested in whatever Jennie is talking about.

Yeah, I hope that bitch talks you to death.

With a pout he stabs the innocent piece of chicken that's on his plate, moving it around as his head rest on the palm.

He hates this. He hates this feeling of not knowing what to say or do to get better. He's just... tired of it all.

Suddenly, some laughter occurs around them and Taehyung looks up. He immediatly regrets that as he sees Lay throw an arm around Bogum's already shaking shoulders.

"Hi there guys, how are you holding up?" the somewhat nice statement is painted by an ugly smirk on the boy's face, making Taehyung mentally scowl.

He gives the other a hateful glare, because for some reason Lay is staring directly at him and not Bogum.

"We were fine before you arrived," Jin spits at him, looking like he's ready to throw hands. Taehyung is too, not that they could ever stand a chance against these three sports jocks.

Lay snickers evilly, straightening back up before giving Bogum's shoulder some painful claps.

"I just wanted to congratulate Bogum about coming out as a fag," he says.