Chapter 20: Seen

Jin looks at the kitchen in annoyance. There's white substance everywhere... luckily, it's powder and not something else. He then closes his mouth and looks at the two culprits who are staring right back at him.

Jungkook is quick to take ten steps back, not staying close to Taehyung. The younger gives him a look before looking back at Jin with an apologetic smile.

"You guys had one job, what the hell are you doing?"

"I'm not doing anything with this freak!" Jungkook spits. 

Well, that hurt.

Taehyung looks at him with somewhat pain in his eyes mixed with disbelief at the sudden outburst. Why did he say that?

Jungkook scoffs and turns around, leaving the kitchen without a word towards the showers. Jin looks confused at his friend who looks at the ground. That escalated quickly.

"What was that about? Tae, are you okay?" Jin comes over and places a caring hand on the younger's shoulder.

"Yeah, it's fine... let's clean up." It's like he's getting used to Jungkook being this bipolar. He's sending a lot of mixed signals, it's hard to keep up with. At least they're going home soon so they aren't in the same room all the time. Or maybe, that's what Taehyung wants?

Jin hums and starts helping with the half-finished pizza, glancing at Taehyung constantly to make sure the younger isn't breaking down or something.

In the meantime, Jungkook went to the shower, needing some way to cool his body and mind. Why did he say that? Why did he get so close in the first place? He must admit he has been spending a lot of time with Taehyung these last couple of days, but it doesn't mean anything. At least not to him.

But the look Taehyung gave him when he told him off was so... hurtful? His eyes looked so pained it almost hurt Jungkook physically.

He grunts in frustration while taking his clothes off, heading for the nearest shower. He walks inside and turns on the water, feeling the warm liquid run over his skin. Reminds him of Taehyung's touch.

Ew! No! That was so gay Jungkook, stop it.

He grunts louder and ruffles his hair as it gets drenched.

His mind slowly starts thinking about their trip home tomorrow. When they get home, how will things be? Jungkook has been letting himself go a little too much, he can't have if Taehyung starts doing something stupid in front of the whole school when they get back home.

Still, he doesn't want Taehyung to be mad at him. But now he is. Good job Jungkook.

- time skip -

The whole living room is filled with laughter and talking while the boys eat the pizza Jin and Taehyung ended up making. The younger is sitting silently, not letting his eyes leave the table in fear from Jungkook staring at him.

They haven't said a word to each other since the small episode in the kitchen.

Taehyung is frustrated, yet he has no right to be. He shouldn't be expecting anything, still, he's waiting for just some sort of apology from the elder. Taehyung must admit he was a little hurt about Jungkook's reaction.

Just as he's about to lift his head to look at the elder, the door in the entrance is kicked open and three girls walk in. Of course, Jennie is the first to enter, a big smile on her face. Immediately Taehyung feels pure anger blaze up in his stomach. What is that bitch doing here?

"Hey boys," she smiles happily. Jin almost gags, Jimin rolls his eyes and Taehyung just stays put.

"Uh ladies, what a pleasant surprise," Lay smirks. Does he think he's slick or something? Taehyung mentally screams, cringing so hard.