Chapter 28: Handball

A few weeks have passed, leaving Jungkook to get even more selfish and annoyed and Taehyung to become somewhat happier.

Why? Because Jungkook clearly has a soft spot for him, so now he can get away with what he wants.

He could literally push Jungkook into the entire dinner table and no one would bat an eye or look twice. It has become that normal. But Taehyung doesn't even want to bother anymore. Jungkook doesn't deserve that kind of attention from him.

And Jennie. Ugh, that slut is over him all the time and no matter how much Taehyung tries to ignore it, he just can't. No matter how much he tries to deny it, it hurts. He hates himself for feeling that way, but it does hurt.

And to make it all worse, Taehyung and Jungkook just got paired in PE and it's like Jennie suddenly has this huge need to show her disgusting cleavage and throw her long, beautiful dark hair in the area where they are.

The teacher has, luckily, gone over to them to get Jennie away, so she can go back to her partner. The whole class is practicing handball for the season and to say Taehyung sucks at it is an understatement. He hates contact sport and there's even a ball he needs to look after.

Not to mention that stupid jock that stands before him.

"Now students, practice the dribble I showed you and see if you can get around each other," the teacher yells and everyone starts getting ready.

Taehyung is the one who has the ball at the moment. He hasn't gotten as far as to even look at Jungkook in the eyes. He really, really doesn't want to do that. Even before he can think about lifting his eyes, he feels a great sudden push in his back that makes him stumble forward.

He got a ball thrown right at him and he glares backwards towards Lay who's snickering together with Sehun. Those assholes, when will they grow up?

Suddenly, they stop and give each other a weird/almost scared glance. Taehyung frowns as he watches them turn back against each other so they can start doing the exercise.

The brunette turns back and sees Jungkook look at him. There's something in his eyes that's almost... possessive or needy? That mixed together with a peaceful glint.

He's so weird, what?

Taehyung raises an eyebrow and throws the ball at him.

"If you touch me, I swear I will kill you," he signs quickly before crossing his arms. It's so painful that he has to start up a conversation with his 'ex-crush' so of course, he puts on a bad bitch attitude. He owns it.

"Okay."

Was that all?

Jungkook nods silently and looks down at the ball, throwing it to the ground a few times to see how the shape and feel of it is.

Taehyung studies him with rather large eyes. When did Jungkook just... accept his sassy behavior and all his rude comebacks? It's like he has grown colder to everything and everyone except for Taehyung, which is weird since it should be the exact opposite.

"You should start, I'll just stand here," he adds, throwing the ball back to the younger.

"Okay..." Taehyung signs before dribbling the ball. He tries to do some fancy maneuver to get around, but as expected, he fails at that. First, he loses the ball. Then he trips over his own feet. And then he falls flat on his face for the third time in a row.

Jungkook has literally done nothing except staring at him and see him fail another time. With a grunt, the brunette stands and sighs. No matter what, he just can't seem to work his body that way. Dancing is something completely different.